Cooking Oil Spray Kills Kitchen Ants

I learned today that the cheap nonstick cooking oil spray kills black kitchen ants on contact, even if it lacks the ability to keep them from coming back.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

Has anyone tried pouring vinager on them. It would be cheaper but smell worst.

Works beautifully and smell evaporates fast.

June 21, 2011 Flag

Pam kills ants on dog and cat food. I spray the food and bowl, and it kills the ants immediately. They are usually black kitchen ants. It will not kill other ants. It won't poison the dog or cat if they eat the Pam on their food.

I also use Pam in the kitchen to kill ants.

By Robin F. from Hampton, TN

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I make sure I wipe up the oil around the sink once they are dead, and that is about 5 seconds. I don't like seeing t he dead ants all around. It has no residual action, but I don't see them as much the more I spray and I usually use it on the sink area. I did spray the food, and they didn't return. I use orange furniture polish to kill roaches on contact, around food preparation areas, and then I wash the area. I like using these non toxic methods, and they are home tested before I put them on here.... it really works if your aim is good and mine is great. LOL :)

June 21, 2011 Flag

By Robin F. from Hampton, TN

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes