Poop On Cat's Bottom

By katgirl 7 2

Why does my cat have poop around her butt?

okko57 from West Hartford, CT

Showing: Answers Sort

By CC 2 18 Flag

This could be due to loose stools when she goes number two. If you are feeding your cat wet cat food, try adding more dry cat food. Try to avoid milk.

Your cat may have a lot of fine hair around that area and so the cat is prone to getting poop stuck to it. The cat would probably really appreciate it if you were to help the cat out by possibly combing it out if it isn't stuck to close to the cats skin.

Sometimes this occurs with my dog and if it isn't a lot and is simply stuck to some of her hair, I will comb her, carefully by holding the base of her hair closest to her skin and start the combing at the end of the hair and back.

I have cut out poop that was stuck in her hair. It was a small enough amount that the cut hair wasn't even noticeable.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lou Ann 4 3 Flag

My cats have had the same problem lately. My husband has been giving them milk even though I have told him not to. I take a wet wash cloth and wipe their bottoms. Sometimes it takes several time. Sometimes you just have to cut it out. Either way they do not like it!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have also had this problem with my small dog. We use the disposable wet wipes on him. If not than we sometimes have to do the tiny cuts too. He has a long tail so you never see the "trim" lol

http://www.savingspotpourri.blogspot.com/

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Maddy 95 Flag

Hello I have a long haired cat and Susie had that problem so whatI use to do was just keep it trimmed there the best I could and the problem wasn't a problem anymore.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Annie Rios Hill 14 1,777 Flag

The haircut is what works and solves the problem, just keep it up and no more poop on butt!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Pets CatsSeptember 19, 2008
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Litter Box
Cat Won't Poop in Litter Box
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cat Meowing
Preventing A Cat From Meowing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 6:04:44 PM on 10.0.2.62 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings