Introducing a New Younger Gerbil

I have two gerbils, one is a year old and the other I'm estimating, is 4 weeks old. How can I get them to like each other? I have been putting them in a box and making a wall with small hole in it, but it won't do any good. Any answers?

By Autumn from MA

Answers

Gerbils and hamsters are territorial. They only remain together in the same unit when young. After so many months old, they must be separated as they will fight each other to the death or one is badly injured. That's why you're having so much trouble trying to keep them united.

Pets Gerbils AdviceDecember 22, 2009
A man introducing his dog to a father and child.
Introducing Your Dog to New People
Rescued Dog
Introducing a Rescued Dog to Resident Pets
Two cats being introduced to one another.
Tips for Introducing Cats
Toddler Being Aggressive
Toddler Being Aggressive Towards Younger Sibling
🎄
🍂