CookiesBaking & Desserts

"Snowballs" Recipe

My former mother-in-law, who I dearly loved, made the best Christmas treat. She called them "snowballs" and they were made using vanilla wafers, some type of pudding filling, and then they were covered in coconut with a halved cherry on top.

If anyone has the specific recipe, I'd love to have. It is a special Christmas memory for me.

Thanks!
Kayray from Plainfield IN

My mom put 3 vanilla wafers together with real whipped cream in between the layers, then frosted them with whipped cream and rolled or sprinkled them in coconut and let them set up in the frig for an hour or two. Even tho I didn't like coconut, I loved these - not sure if this is what you're looking for but they're good!!

Hi, I went to yahoo and google and did a search. Of course my two favoirte sites came up on About.com when I searched it came up with this page

http://southern  p;terms=snowball

and on all recipes it came up with these:

http://allrecip  thTerm=snowballs

Check them out and see it any of it works for you.

Some of them are going to be tried out at my house especially the 3 ingredient one of pineapple, creamcheese and coconut. Easy and on diabetic exchange.

Happy Holidays to all

Laura