Gage Your New Professor

When taking a course with a new professor try to gage how he will do his testing. Does he focus on classroom discussion, reading, obscure references? What will you have to know on test day? For the first test be prepared for anything. Study hard and know the material inside and out.

After the test, examine it. See where the bulk of the questions come from. Next time there's a test; focus more on his favorite testing area. As always, stay up with the rest of the class and take notes, but realize that since a major component of the test may be coming from one area, it deserves most of your attention.

Brandi M. Seals

Another help in gauging how your professors test is to ask around and find some folks who have had him/her in previous semesters and ask them. Also, ask the prof. When I used to teach college, I gave a comprehensive study guide. If students completed it and studied from it, they were prepared for the test, as the study guide was what I had in front of me as I prepared the test.

Another writing, if in doubt, use the spell check. Gauge. In college, a lot of profs will take off for misspellings.

Education College Life Study TipsMay 16, 2006
Trying on New Shoes
Breaking in New Shoes
Photo of Professor Snape from Harry Potter.
Making a Professor Snape Costume
Man nailing up new shingles on a roof.
Saving Money on a New Roof
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 20, 2016 at 6:18:58 PM on in 960 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.