Revamping a Lunch Box

My son decided that he no longer liked his Spiderman lunch box and was refusing to use it in the new school year. I told him I could try and paint it, but I couldn't promise that it would be beautiful. We worked out the design together and got to work on turning his Spiderman lunch box into a BB-8, from Starwars, lunch box.

• old lunch box
  • fabric paints
  • paint brushes

1. First I lightly drew the outline of the BB-8 design. Then I started by painting white where the BB-8 would be. Next, I added the desert. I painted the rest black where the galaxy would be.
  2. My son wanted to paint an earth, so I let him go to town painting an earth up in the corner, after giving him a white base.
  3. I added in purple, pink and blues into the galaxy, this is done by randomly add splotches of the colors. I did the galaxy in a few steps until I got the colors I liked. Then I added sparkles and small white dots for the stars.
  4. Once I had enough layers of white to cover up the Spiderman design I started to paint the details of the BB-8. My son and I looked at drawings of BB-8 and agreed on a simple drawing to go off of.
  5. I am happy with how it turned out and more importantly my son loves it. He showed it off to anyone who came by our house this summer. But I am afraid I may have set myself up for continued lunch box redesigns as often as he changes what characters he likes. ;)

Crafts MiscellaneousDecember 13, 2019
🎄
😷
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Revamping-a-Lunch-Box.html