Revamping a Lunch Box
My son decided that he no longer liked his Spiderman lunch box and was refusing to use it in the new school year. I told him I could try and paint it, but I couldn't promise that it would be beautiful. We worked out the design together and got to work on turning his Spiderman lunch box into a BB-8, from Starwars, lunch box.
- old lunch box
- fabric paints
- paint brushes
- First I lightly drew the outline of the BB-8 design. Then I started by painting white where the BB-8 would be. Next, I added the desert. I painted the rest black where the galaxy would be.
- My son wanted to paint an earth, so I let him go to town painting an earth up in the corner, after giving him a white base.
- I added in purple, pink and blues into the galaxy, this is done by randomly add splotches of the colors. I did the galaxy in a few steps until I got the colors I liked. Then I added sparkles and small white dots for the stars.
- Once I had enough layers of white to cover up the Spiderman design I started to paint the details of the BB-8. My son and I looked at drawings of BB-8 and agreed on a simple drawing to go off of.
- I am happy with how it turned out and more importantly my son loves it. He showed it off to anyone who came by our house this summer. But I am afraid I may have set myself up for continued lunch box redesigns as often as he changes what characters he likes. ;)
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.