Revamping a Lunch Box
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 254 Posts
September 13, 2018
My son decided that he no longer liked his Spiderman lunch box and was refusing to use it in the new school year. I told him I could try and paint it, but I couldn't promise that it would be beautiful. We worked out the design together and got to work on turning his Spiderman lunch box into a BB-8, from Starwars, lunch box.
- old lunch box
- fabric paints
- paint brushes
- First I lightly drew the outline of the BB-8 design. Then I started by painting white where the BB-8 would be. Next, I added the desert. I painted the rest black where the galaxy would be.
- My son wanted to paint an earth, so I let him go to town painting an earth up in the corner, after giving him a white base.
- I added in purple, pink and blues into the galaxy, this is done by randomly add splotches of the colors. I did the galaxy in a few steps until I got the colors I liked. Then I added sparkles and small white dots for the stars.
- Once I had enough layers of white to cover up the Spiderman design I started to paint the details of the BB-8. My son and I looked at drawings of BB-8 and agreed on a simple drawing to go off of.
- I am happy with how it turned out and more importantly my son loves it. He showed it off to anyone who came by our house this summer. But I am afraid I may have set myself up for continued lunch box redesigns as often as he changes what characters he likes. ;)
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.