Making a Wire-Edged Ribbon Bow
Fashioning your own accessories or package adornments can be fun with this stiffened ribbon. This is a page about making a wire-edged ribbon bow
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
You don't need a bow maker to create these big, loopy bows. They can be made in many sizes and are great for gifts or wreaths.
- wire-edged ribbon
- craft wire
- scissors or wire cutters
- Create a loop for the center and hold it in place with your thumb and forefinger.
- Twist the ribbon (so that the right side is up) as you create your first loop of the bow. Make this loop fairly small.
- Then twist the ribbon again (so that the right side is up) and create a loop of the same size on the other side.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3, making the loops a little bigger each time until you have the size and fullness that you want.
- Cut a piece of craft wire and wrap it through the center loop and twist the ends tightly together in the back. NOTE: If you want to have tails hang down from your bow, cut a piece of ribbon, fold it in half and wire it to the back of the bow. Finish off the ends by cutting them at an angle or remove a triangle of ribbon from the center to create two points.
- Now arrange the loops to make the bow more rounded and puff up the loops. Use the ends of the craft wire to attach the bow.
Make any gift extra special by making your own bow for it. Watch this video and learn how simple it is to make Wire-Edged Ribbon Bows.