Put Kids Table in Kiddie Pool

I'm a grandma of 4 now, but when my own 2 children were growing up, I had an apartment that had carpeting in the dining room area. Eating time was messy on the carpet from 2 toddlers learning to eat "neatly."

So, I came up with a way to help save on cleaning that carpet so often: I bought a child's molded plastic wading pool, then I set their little "kid size" table and chairs in it. They loved that they were sitting at their own table in their own wading pool!

Cleanup was a cinch! They even pitched in on that occasionally with their little set of broom, dust pan, and mop. It made them feel "grown up."

By Ruthie from Franklin, IN

Oh what a great idea! I put an old shower curtain (plastic) under my kids' table when they were little. I like the pool idea even better! Especially if you don't have a four-legged vacuum cleaner in the house (dog), containing the mess is worth the hassle!

Messy Kids
Containing Messy Kids
Parenting Toddler and Preschooler AdviceMay 2, 2011
Inflating Pool Toys
Inflating Pool Toys
Pool Noodles
Uses for Pool Noodles
Pool Table
Removing Beer Stains from a Pool Table
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
🎄