AdviceSkin Care

Washing Your Back

Any advice on the best way to wash your own back while showering? No spouse at this time.

Onesummer from CA

A back brush? Or a back brush with a washcloth rubber banded around it.

I use a bath brush from Wal-Mart. I think it actually states on the tag back shower brush or something similar. They are located where the body scrungies are. PS...I have a spouse and still use my brush :-)

You could cut up an old towel into strips and use that, then just toss in the washer when you wash your other towels.

I have a spouse but he has never washed my back. That is sort of a dilema as it is hard to reach all places on the back of your body. I've just always done the best I can. I did see this thing on TV called a SpinSpa.....it runs on batteries and has different attachments....a long handle for reaching every place on your body. You can use it with body wash. I don't know what it costs but I thought it looked neat and would be great for someone with limited mobility.

LOL thats funny.......... yes a back brush - its a wooden handled thing with a scrunchy thing on the end. they also have these thingys that have like 2 loops with a scrunchy like long thing in between that you use with both hands - i like that one. Or... you could attach a scruffy brush or rug to the wall and do like the bears LOL! ........your spouse actually washed your back regularly? - consider yourself very fortunate! LOL

Ok Girls

I know you're going to think this old Gr.Granny is crazy but I made myself one of the best back scrubbers you'll never find in a store.! I took the rubber shelf liners,cut one about 3 foot long and as wide as the green scruffies or pot and pan scrubbers for cleaning pots. [about 3 inches wide ]I sewed a line of scruffies[about 5 or 6 ] to the shelf liner until it was long enough to go across my back and on the ends I sewed it so it would have a cut out handle on both ends.now I just pour my shampoo or liquid soap on the scrubber and get it done.it feels soooo good I hate to get out of the shower.my hubbie wants to use it every night when he showers,so I guess I get to make him one to.it sure cleans your back and your feet.

You can find the nylon puffs on a long handle at most of the dollar stores. They work well.

First of all there are all kinds of scrubbies on sticks out there, but if you are wanting to be frugal: Soap up your washcloth, toss it over 1 shoulder, grab it under the opposite arm and scrub, then switch sides. Taught my kids to do this as soon as the were old enough to bathe themselves. Works like a champ.

This is all good but once I scrub my back it needs some body lotion. Any suggestions for that one?