Categories for Coupons

Can someone help me with the categories they use to sort their coupons?

Tammy from Newark, OH

I do my coupons based on what is in each row. Our store does not change the basic staples very often, plus I wear out coupon holders pretty fast, finally found a plastic one. On the bathroom items I did 2 different tabs, 1 for me & 1 for my son, so I don;t have to look through all those coupons for just my stuff. Hope that helps

HI, Tammy. I've found it really helps to know your grocery store (and know yourself/shopping habits as well). For instance, I start with fresh produce and baked goods, procede to canned good and baking supplies and finish off at the cooler section with meats and juices, etcetera. I arrange my coupons accordingly.

The only other option I can think of is to categorize your coupons by "canned," and "frozen" and so forth.

Hope this helps.

Rose Anne

I do things different than anyone else. First I use a check holder with the 12 months, partitions. Then I do not separate the coupons by type. I do them by month. That way I don't have to go through all of them at the expired date. This gives me a closer look at when they expire so I don't miss any good ones.

Also, I put the most important, usable, coupons in the front of the month. The early month expiring also go to the front. Some times I put like, cereal, clear in the back of the month.

My coupon caddy is at least 5 years old. I reinforced it with duct tape when it was new. I got mine at an office store. It is the kind that isn't for full sheets of paper, just checks.

I get 2 Sunday papers every week delivered, and when I see they are good, I get extras, like last week I got 3 extras. I also share my leftover coupons.

I also buy coupons on Ebay.

I've been doing this for more than 25 years and this works the best for me.

Good Wishes.

I have a plastic box wih attached lid for my cupon box, I got some index cards about 6 x 8 ( at target ) and made index cards for each catagory I use, such as, I have a section each for bakery, batteries lite bulbs, baggies ,, cereal, and on down the line, have at the very back one for misc. I have each section with all that pertains to that ,such as every thing that includes baking, mixes, ect. I put the earliest date in front to the last date in back. at the beginning of each month I just remove the expired ones. I also have a small cupon holder, bout the size of a check book, and have everything for the month I am on in that one, right now it is all november cupons, the big box starts with december, and moves on to the next month. Makes it very easy ,once you get it organized. I take the whole box with me when shopping , and go through the current month first for anything I am buying. I have been doing this for years. the small cupon holder is set up the same as the big one. Hope this helps you. You can really save a lot of money with cupons especiall if you hit the double or triple days in the store. Rose

I have:

Fruit (fresh and canned)

Veggies "

Cereal & breakfast

Bakery (inc. bread, muffins, cookies and cakes)

Baking needs (mixes, sugar, decorations, flavorings, etc.)

Sauces and seasonings (salad dressings, mayo, mustard, salt, garlic powder etc.)

Salty snacks

Hot bevs

Cold bevs

Sandwich & lunchables (like tunas, PBJ, cold cuts)

Meat (inc. chicken and fish)

Pasta (inc. sauces, stewed tomato, tomato paste, etc)

paper and foil

Bathroom (inc. make-up)

Coupon lists should be tailored to your own needs. For example, I don't have a place for legumes or rice because I buy those in a specialty store. Only YOU know the items you're likely to use. All you need to do is fit them into logical categories.

I decided (for example) that olive coupons can go with salad dressings because I use them in salads. You can keep jellies in breakfast foods, or in sandwich & lunchables. There is no hard fast rule. It just depends on what you use, and how you use it.

I hope this helps you. : )

In my plastic coupon box, I not only have tabs, but I have 2 different sections in my box. One set of tabs are for my dated coupons. My other section of tabs is for my coupons that have no expiration dates on them. This makes it easier to go through my coupons to get rid of my old expired dated coupons.

I have found the best way to do it is to go by isle in the store you shop in most. for example, the first isle my grocery store has is peanut butter, jelly, canned fruit. So, one tab in my coupon-dohicky is fruit, pb&J.

If you dont know exactly which isle things are in, or dont shop in the same store, at least separate types of foods-- boxes, cans, frozen, chilled for example.

Organizing CouponsNovember 13, 2006
computer printer
Finding Printable Coupons
Finding Free Coupons
Clipping Coupons for Troops
Coupons for Troops
Online Coupon Computer
Using Online Coupons