Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Gymnastic Themed Party Favors

Does anyone have any ideas for party favors for a 5 year-old boy's party being held at a gymnast center? He doesn't take gymnastic classes, but we're having the party there because the children LOVE playing on the training equipment - foam pits, varying heights of balance beams, trampoline floor, etc. Anyway, I'm looking for gymnastic-themed party favors for boys. All I've come up with so far is the standard candy and a plastic coach's whistle. Thanks in advance for your help!

Kindly,

Shannon from Kentucky

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By lillylover5907/26/2013

For a gymnastics party theme favors i think bubbles, pencils and erasers would be good.

By Lisa (Guest Post)11/09/2008

I have done this party about 5 times each time different:
4-year old, we did the birthday express theme. it was cute but expensive.

6-year old, Red, White, and Blue and Stars. Cake was a star. Got patriot things after 4th of July from the year before.

7-year old, made cupcakes and ice cream sandwiches, Got drawstring bags in solid color and the girls could color on them to use as a grip bag or a snack bag for gym. Kids not in gym could use as swim bag. This went over well. The only problem was our gym's parties are only 1-1/2 hours and this take some time away from using equipment.

8-year old, tied dyed leos after the party at our house. This was messy. White leos about $6.00 per person. Not a bad idea and the girls loved it. This was a party for team members only no other friends other than gym friends.

9-year old, this will happen in a few weeks. Monkey theme. I am serving frozen banana's instead of ice cream and cupcakes into a monkey face.

By Michelle (Guest Post)08/13/2008

I'm having a party this year for my daughter at a gymnastics center and - since the Olympics are going on. I thought it would be fun to focus on Olympics. So far I got Olympic gold medals for the treat bags, a twirl ribbon baton (probably better for the girls), have to work on ideas for the boys, but as each child comes in, I'm going to place a USA sticker on their back (the large one just as you see in sports). Maybe write their names on them.

I still need more ideas but thought of little legos for the boys (or anything spongebob at this age (5) and glitter lipgloss for the girls, plus candy etc.

By (Guest Post)04/30/2008

I'm doing a mesh tote ($1.50) with a small gym towel ($2)

By Michelle (Guest Post)10/06/2007

We are giving out hoola hoops to the kids. They use them at the gymnastics party and can then take them home. We also did plastic water bottles with the kids's names on them.

By leticia. (Guest Post)08/24/2007

it depends where you live but theres always burits gymnastics academy they hold great parties

By (Guest Post)02/16/2007

My daughter is actually having a party at a gymnastics center next week . I'm doing water bottles I found on line in bulk . I also was able to find stickers geared toward gymnastics theme online to apply to the bottles . I am filling the bottles with candy and small toys to hand out when the guests leave .

By Motherof2 (Guest Post)05/07/2006

My idea is not gymnastic based but I gave out a blow up pirate pirate and pirate whistle and eye mask and mustasche for my 4 year old boy's party and it was a big hit with the boys and girls.

By momneice (Guest Post)05/01/2006

hi i am having a gymnastic party for my 4 year old also. i found patriotic drawstring backpacks from oriental trade.

By jesse (Guest Post)02/11/2006

do you like nba yes or no thanks jesse("

By Lanae (Guest Post)11/01/2005

A great gymnastic party to have it at an actual gym. most coaches, like myself, know how to make a party with gymnastics decorations. when i have birthday parties they have cupcakes with gymnasts on the top. you can find hats at party stores with gymnastics stuff on it too. You can also but gymnastics pins. u can find them on any gymnastics website. The kids always love that!!!

By (Guest Post)07/06/2005

This posting was a long time ago, but for those who are in the same situation as I am, currently hosting a birthday party at a gym/dance studio, try to hire one of the coaches from the gym who works with the children your child's age as part of the package deal. My daughter's studio's owner teaches her tiny tumblers class each week anyway, and she guides the children for their own safety during all parties--she includes her guided gym time in the price and it is still very reasonable. I told her I wanted a luau theme and she is going to have all of the kids bring a beach towel for fun games. The kids can wear their bathing suits or just Tshirts and short, or go further in polynesian stuff. The kids can dance to Beach Boys or other luau music and then the possibilities are endless for beach and luau foods, etc. We have used the dollar store a lot for leis (6 for $1), favors and candy, gift bags, wrapping paper, and tiki and luau decorations. Our JoAnn superstore also had a lot of luau items, grass skirts, luau music cd's, centerpieces, etc, and all were 50 percent off this week. Walmart and target also tend to have their fair share of these types of things. The polynesian theme is everywhere. Just because it's at the gym doesn't mean it has to be a gym theme. Have fun, enjoy hula dancing and have the kids jump in and around hula hoops etc. They'll have a ball.

By Cynthia (Guest Post)03/22/2005

Try www.BirthdayExpress.com - they have everything you can imagine. Our Coach has parties and supplies the partyware from there, which has great theme picture with red, white & blue colors (plates, napkins, cups, invites, thank yous, even theme favor boxes with stickers, metal, trophy, whistle and more). Can buy in bulk for party numbers or individual items too, search for Gymnastics Deluxe Pak or Gymnastics Favor Purses as listed in Oct 2004 catalog.

By Melissa (Guest Post)03/18/2005

Help - what did you end up using for the aprty favors? I am in the same situation for my son's 4th birthday at a gymnastics center.
Thanks for your help!
Melissa H.

By cara (Guest Post)03/07/2005

i did water bottles and martigre beads whisles all with like red white blue like the olympic and put them in party bags

By Nancy01/25/2005

I woulkd do a personalized squirt water bottle and maybe an "olympic medal" from a party store - you could put it all in a mesh "gym bag"!

By Nancy (Guest Post)01/25/2005

I would do personalized water bottles!! You could also purchase "olympic medals", etc... and place everything in a drwastring "gym" bag!

By Kelly (Guest Post)01/25/2005

This might seem like a stretch, but i would do a monkey theme. Because monkeys like to swing on the trees and look like little gymnasts. Then you could find monkey themed favors or even jungle favors (think jungle gym).

By Lynne (Guest Post)01/24/2005

Oh, gosh, you've picked a tough one. I could give you several ideas of generic party favors that my soon-to-be-5-year-old son has really enjoyed (plastic binoculars, rubber lizards that s-t-r-e-t-c-h, cardboard model planes, etc.), but I can't think of anything with a gymnastics theme. Good luck!

By Zeley (Guest Post)01/24/2005

You could go to a party supplies store and pick out little favors that tie in with the gymnastics theme such as little whistles. You could also give out random favors like bouncing balls and silly putty. These items are usually very inexpensive and children have fun playing with them.