Peanut Butter Roll Candy

Can someone tell me how to make peanut butter roll?

By Angie

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

The recipe I have uses a small potato. Peel, cube and cover with water. Cook until tender, pour off water and put in a bowl. Mash and then start adding powdered sugar. Continue to stir and add powered sugar until you have a dough that your are able to roll out. Roll it out thin and spread with peanut butter. Roll it up jelly roll style and cut in 1/2 inch slices. You can use food coloring to color the dough if you want.

Best Answer

My mom used butterscotch pudding, butter and powdered sugar to make the "dough," Then rolled it out spread it with peanut butter, cut it into 3 x 5 " squares, rolled them, refrigerated them and sliced them. Delicious!

If you still need the recipe, a good one is a stick of softened butter and about a pd of powdered sugar, mix the two together and add 1-2 tablespoons of milk till it is a spreadable consistency. spread out to into a rectangle about 1/4" thick on a piece of wax paper dusted with powdered sugar and spread with creamy peanut butter, leave about a 1/2" thick border around the peanut butter. start to roll using the wax paper as a guide and then refrigerate. When a little harder slice and enjoy.

I used to make mine with a potato but now I just use one jar of whipped cake icing and add powdered sugar to make a dough. Roll it out add peanut butter, roll it up and slice. I can't tell the difference in taste and it fooled my whole family. Very easy!

My grandmother always did the recipe with 1 medium potato, 1 stick of butter (room temp.), pinch of salt, 1 tsp. vanilla & add powder sugar till forms dough. Roll out on powdered sugar sprinkled board covered with wax paper. Spread with peanut butter (add coconut & chopped nuts if you want) & roll tightly. Makes 2-3 rolls. Refrigerate & slice into pieces. Nothing new to add for the recipe.. just a FYI

Use cotton string to cut logs into slices. This prevents breakage or misshapen pieces.

Answer

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CandiesAugust 16, 2010
peanut butter bars with chocolate and bacon
Peanut Butter Bars Recipes
Making a Peanut Butter Snail
Making a Peanut Butter Snail
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut Butter
Peanut Whirl Cookies
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 12, 2016 at 12:03:24 PM on 10.0.1.124 in 357 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.