Repairing Dings In the Varnish On a Hardwood Floor

We recently installed hardwood floors in our house and sadly have some pretty major dings and scratches on the varnish from a chair. We had a chair with metal feet with rubber ends on the feet. The metal broke through one of the rubber feet and scratched the floor. Does anyone know of a way to buff these out to make them less noticeable? We have rearranged our furniture in a way that puts them in a high traffic area, the rest of the floor looks fantastic.

Any ideas would be appreciated, Thanks.

Jimmy

Well, it all depends on what kind of hardwood floor you have. If its the snap-in kind, you'll most likely have to replace the damaged planks. If the scratches aren't TOO deep, you may be able to lightly sand them, match the stain, and poly over it to make them less noticeable. Also, check to see if the flooring is under any kind of warranty. Check out the Minwax website, I found it very helpful when I worked on my old hardwood floors.

The type of wood is 3/4 inch solid Brazillian Cherry. It's all nailed down. The scratches are fairly deep but not so bad that I would replace the boards (they are pretty tough to cut out). I may just try to dull the scratches a bit, right now they are light scratches on dark red wood which is what makes them stand out.

Well Jimmy, if it would make the scratches blend in with the rest of the floor, maybe just match the flooring to a stain color, and try to blend them in, make them less noticeable. Hey, a few dings and scratches adds character! :-) Good luck

My cat scratched up my hardwood floors and I rent an apartment. There are about a million scratches all over every part of the floor. Is there anything I can buy to make them less noticible. It is horrible looking.

Thanks

Scratched Wood Floor
Repairing Scratches On Wood Floors
Home and Garden Home Improvement Hardwood FloorsNovember 11, 2004
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Homemade Varnish Remover, Up close photo of varnished wood.
Homemade Varnish Remover
🎉
🎄