Sharing Thankful Thoughts - Categories:

EntertainmentThanksgiving

Sharing Thankful Thoughts

As your Thankgiving guests arrive give each a paper fall leaf to write a "thankful" thought on. Have them drop them in a clear vase or fishbowl. They needn't sign it unless they want to. Then, if there are only a few, read them before the meal, or after, or hang them up for all to see.

By Linda

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

A lovely idea. I used to ask tablemates to tell the best thing that happened to them in the prior year but was stopped cold when i was told I was on an ego trip. A very nasty and uncalled for remark but i do not repeat my requestl I wish you luck with yours. Miriam Null

Along the same lines, when my children where young we had happy time. At each suppertime we took the time to share what had made us happy that day. We did this everyday to remind us that no matter how bad our day was there was always something to be thankful for. We did this even if we had company or we where at someone else's place. I remember my two little nieces thought this was wonderful and loved to share when we got together. This could even be done at McDonald's. It was interesting to share with my little girls the things that made them happy. Often times I would say how my little girls had made me happy, thus re-enforcing some positive behaviour and letting them hear something positive about themselves. Sometimes after a particularly trying day we both needed that. Makes me think we should get back to doing that again. My girls, in their late teens now, would probably just think it was dorky now. Oh well. It was nice while it lasted.

Even laying the leaves on the dinner table might be nice!

Holidays and Parties Thanksgiving EntertainmentNovember 6, 2004
Communal Sharing
Communal Sharing and Saving
A girl holding a basket full of vegetables.
Sharing Garden Produce
Making a Pinwheel Card
Making a Pinwheel Card
beautiful garden
Sharing Plants With Others
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:13:32 AM on 10.0.1.69 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.