Canadian Foster Parents

Due to a change in family circumstances (my son's 2 children are moving in with us), I am having to give up my in-home daycare. I would love to become a foster parent to 1 or 2 children.

I have tried Google, the foster care websites, the provincial government web sites, and phoning the foster care agency (all I get is a recorded announcement, and no call back), to try to get information on providing foster care. I have found a list of rules and regulations, but that's all.

Does anyone out there, preferably from Manitoba, have foster kids? And can you give me some information on foster care? I have lots of questions, as this is a big undertaking. Thanks for any information you can give me.

By catastrofy from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Answers

Go to - Canadian Foster Parents - plenty info there, good luck.

December 15, 2009 Flag

I would like to hear from older adults with grown up children, who are foster parents in Canada. If they could share their experiences with me.

Sheila from Ontario

Answers:

Canadian Foster Parents

This happened in the US, but watch out for disturbed teenage girls as foster children. In a family I know, the 14 year old girl (with a very low self esteem) seduced her 14 year old foster brother. They were having sex in her room when the foster parents were asleep. Sad but true. They got her another foster home and fast (when they finally found out). And they just thank God that she didn't end up pregnant! What a mess that was, and just think of the legal issues.

Even though it was totally the girl (foster child) who started the whole thing, her real mother could have sued the foster family anyway. But, fortunately her mother knew about her (problem) because this had all happened before and the case worker never made it clear before placing her in a family with a boy her age! (07/29/2008)

By Cyinda

Parenting Foster ParentingDecember 15, 2009
Canadian Thistle
Getting Rid of Canadian Thistle
Neglected Dog
Caring for a Neglected Dog
A child's feet sitting on a toilet during potty training.
Potty Training Your Child
Three kids laying in the grass.
Adopting a Foster Child
🎉
🎄