Boy-Girl Sleepover Advice

Teens roasting marshmallows around a campfire.Would you let your 10 year old daughter have a boy/girl sleepover?

Sariah

Answers

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 290 Feedbacks

Never in a million years! I wouldn't mix both male and female, you'd be asking for trouble.

Not even at gunpoint.

By lee (Guest Post)

Never! A a co-ed sleepover isn't necessary or appropriate ever.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 149 Feedbacks

This same question was posted by someone else a few weeks ago, go back in search for it. I think it had like 80+ post on it. You'll find most post were 12 yr olds saying yes, very few adults/parents respond and the ones who did strongly suggest NO. Being a mother of an already grown daughter I can tell for sure you will regret it so I say you definitely should not. My thought on it is this" anything that can done in fun should end when its time to go to sleep and send them all on home" because the nights over then and nothing else is left to do. And you should not lose sleep all night watching them and only problems can occur from it.

The other post was a boy/girl party sleepover, I think they were ages 12-14 yrs. Even if it's not your child who would get curious, other kids there might and if they got too curious and ended up pregnant or found out too much info you would feel terrible. I see you just mean two kids of age 10 boy/girl but I think it would set a beginning problem for you down the road when they would want more demands or request for more situations like that one. But, that's just my opinion due to prior experience of motherhood.

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 169 Posts

Never! No,no, a thousand times no! Please do not let your girl have or attend one of these.

I vote with the overwhelming "no" faction, a reallllly big NO!

By teatimelady (Guest Post)

Absolutely no way. Maybe a slumber party with just girls. I personally think that boys and girls are put into situations where they are together and there is no need for it at these tender ages. Let the kids be kids while they can.

I remember having just girl slumber parties and we spent the better part of the time talking about boys and that was always fun. Good luck in your decision..deb

NO! I wouldn't let a child of any age have a boy/girl sleepover.

I teach high school. Trust me, it is hard enough keeping things under control in a classroom sometimes. I'd hate to be the adult responsible for keeping things under control in the living room overnight.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 107 Feedbacks

absolutely NOT!

By MawMawto5 (Guest Post)

You are setting up a path for a lot of future bad decisions. Tell your kid NO no matter how much they pout. You are the parent & they are the kid. Most parents would disapprove of you for allowing such a thing to happen. I would not want YOU to be in charge of my child or grandchild in any way. This is very irresponsible to even consider such a thing.

You would be responsible for what goes on & if something should happen you would be liable & we're talking possible jail time here. Be the parent & say no way. Let's think of something else that would be fun or it will be family time only.

By Regina (Guest Post)

My first thought was NO, because of the curiosity, at that age, and the start of girl/boy crazy thing, but ya know, if there isn't any concerns with inappropriate behaviors, and you know them well. Why not?

But of course, girls with Mom in the room, boys with Dad in another room or level in the house. Good Luck

absolutely no way!

2 More Questions

My 12 year old daughter wants to have a boy and girl sleepover, but I don't think its a good idea. Any advice?

Thanks,
Aryana

Parenting General ParentingAugust 17, 2016
👔
🌻
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Boy-Girl-Sleepover-Advice.html