Sleepover Ideas

Category Planning
Planning a fun successful sleepover party just needs a bit of creativity and an understanding of the activities the guests enjoy. This is a page about sleepover ideas.

I need sleepover ideas for 9 and 10 year olds. Thanks.

By Carrie H.

Answers

Best Answer

For my daughter's sleep over they made mini pizzas out of Grands biscuits, pepperoni, hamburger, cheese, bell pepers, olives, and mushrooms. Each girl had a piece of parchment paper with their name on it, hand press the biscuits flat, top with pizza sauce, and any toppings and bake 12-15 mins. We did mummy wraps ($1 store toilet paper) 1 girl wrapped up the other and then pics were taken, then the girl that was wrapped 1st broke out of her wrap and wrapped the other girl, they were timed also. The one that finished 1st with the best wrap won, then with the tp they had a tp fight.

We did foot soaks and they all took turns painting nails, we put together stickers, and other items to decorate the nails (tooth picks to make dots or lines) they had a fashion show. Each girl brought a couple of items to share, and I shared some of my things for them to use. They each decorated their own cupcakes. I had 3 store bought frostings, candies, crushed cookies, and candy bars. Each girl got a goody bag with stickers, bling, polish, lip gloss, and candy that my daughter picked out & mini bags of popcorn.

My daughter picked out 2 movies to play around midnite. We also did a couple of crafts, they made picture frames. I bought face plates for the light switch and they used Sharpies and stickers to decorate them. I let them use my camera to take pictures with and in the morning when the girls were getting ready, I uploaded the pics and my daughter wrote a thank you note to each girl before the party so all I had to do was write the name on the CD and save the pics & the notes for each girl to take home.

For breakfast I served a plater of fresh fruit and in the middle of the platter I had a mountain of whipped cream with candy sprinkles left over from the nite before. Waffles, juice and milk, prizes were hair items, jewerly hand bags etc. that I picked up cheaply.

I need sleepover ideas for a 12 year old's birthday party with 7 people.

Answers

First off have a pizza making dinner where the girls will make their own small pizzas to ear. Then you can go to cupcake decorating, video games, and top the night off with movies and popcorn.

Themes are fun at sleepovers. Even though it was a long time ago, I remember when my daughter had sleepovers we always had a theme and it was a gas.

One year we had a haunted house theme (it was around Halloween) and we draped fake cobwebs, fake spiders, and replaced all the hallway lights with red bulbs. We also, of course, played scary movies all night.

Another year we had a princess theme. We encouraged the girls to dress as princesses, decorated everything with pastels and fake jewelry, and had games with prizes that involved lots of bling. It was a lot of fun.

Anything can be a theme that can be carried over to games, food, decorations. The theme should be something your 12 year old enjoys, no doubt.

Let them make their own mini pizzas for supper/dinner. You make the pizza dough from a boxed pizza dough. Pat into a cookie sheet pan (18" x 13") and make another one. Divide them by making an impression halfway laterally and horizontally making 4 small pizzas per pan. That will give you 8 small pizzas. You smear about a tablespoon or two of pizza sauce on each square, leaving small edges free on all four sides of sauce.

You can use the 8th square to show the girls how to make their own pizzas. Put all the ingredients in small bowls on your dining room table such as pepperoni, olives, mushrooms, onions, cooked sausage and bacon, broccoli, etc. And have them top them with grated cheeses. My grandkids 10, 11 and 12 loved doing this.

You could have a crafting/painting/ art/ party, followed by a craft contest with prizes where everyone votes on 1st,2nd & 3rd place winners with prizes

Have a big pot of spaghetti it goes a long way, with garlic bread. Make a big jug of kool aid. Have a movie night make popcorn and buy candy from the dollar store. You can have a candy table. Have the girls bring their own sleeping bags, so you won't dirty your own blankets.

You can put up two or three tents inside and roast hot dogs and prepare 'smores.Have spa night, do facials with manicures and pedicures. Serve sandwiches and cut fruit and veggie trays with dip.

Sleep over night are a great way to celebrate a birthday. Invite all of your child's best friends and get ready to party. While sleepovers are a type of party, you can also incorporate a party theme for your sleepover. Check out these awesome sleepover themes for your daughter's birthday!
Spa themed evening
Glow in the Dark Themed Sleepover
Art inspired party
Movie night
Music themed party
Culinary ideas for your party

You'll want to stay in for sure. Make popcorn, watch movies, serve pizza and cake. Maybe have everyone bring over nail polish and do each other's mani pedis?

I am looking for ideas for a 9 year old sleepover.

By madeline Narkinsky from Newport News, VA

Answers

Best Answer

My favorite idea is to make (or buy) & decorate cookies. Kids love using fancy icing & sprinkles! Just make or buy simple, plain sugar cookies. You can make the cookies before the kids arrive or let the kids make them.

My daughter is turning 11 soon. She wants to have a sleepover party, but what activities should we do? (She wants about 4 people.) She is girly and loves art.

Answers

Have a spa party. You could also have a t-shirt fabric painting party. The T shirt would be the favor.

It is close to the holidays and people are always looking for things to do. I know little girls this age love fairy gardens and they are simple and easy to make if you use your own air dry clay. Making air dry clay at home is super cheap and all it takes is some cornstarch and school glue. This does not make a mess and is easy to clean up. I am sure you could find a lot of your supplies at the dollar store to make one very cheap.

Another great idea is to have the kids make bottle lanterns for their room and pick up the small light at the dollar store to put inside the bottles. Just save some old wine bottles or any other bottle. Allow the kids to paint these and add the light. They will love decorating their room with this and they are simple and easy to make.

What about doing a paint night? There are lots of online artists on YouTube that walk you through a painting step by step, even Bob Ross! You would just need to get canvases or boards, paint and some basic brushes and a large enough space for painting. Easels would be best but those can get a bit pricey.

Another thought would be to have an artist friend come over to show the girls how to make something. It could be a rag rug, some hair accessories, beadwork or any craft. There are also kits that you can buy at craft stores like JoAnn's.

Or maybe tie-dye? That is relatively easy and fun, especially for tweens. Socks or pillowcases are alternatives to the traditional t-shirts.

Good luck and let us know what you and your daughter decide.

You could do several activities that the girls would always remember,such as,Baking(cookies,pizza,etc.),Crafting, Mani/pedi,Pajama Movie night w/ popcorn and candy bar.

I'm having my 13 birthday this weekend and me and my mom decided to make it a sleepover. With not a lot of money or space including no backyard and only 2 bedrooms in my place that is off limits there isn't much to do. There's still a pretty big living room. I'm not sure what there is I could do so that everyone had fun. Suggestions appreciated!

Answers

Karaoke is an activity many people will enjoy.

If you and your friends have parental permission, how about make over sessions. Everyone can bring their own make up and hair products and you can offer each guest a make over...like a new way to braid hair, new way to use eye make up etc. The cost would be minimal if each guest brought their own products! Have fun and enjoy!!

Lots to do!

Watch movies, play board games, do each others hair/nails (mini glam make over), spa event, listen to music, just be yourselves and have fun.

You could ask your friends sleeping over their input.

One of my favourite sleepovers when I was a kid was in my friend's living room. We all played cards, spoons, board games, then watched a scary movie with popcorn!

My birthday is coming up and I am going to have a sleepover. Last year I did a Harry Potter/girly theme. We made green goop and autographed t-shirts. This year I'm not sure which theme or craft to do. Any ideas?

Thanks

- Zeley NYC

Answers

Tie dye is always fun-have each girl bring her own white t shirt. Another big thing to do is the painting parties.

Go skating in Rockefeller Center.

This page contains sleepover party ideas for boys. Plans for a boy's slumber party should contain lots of activities.

Sleepover Party Ideas for Boys

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I'm having a sleepover this Friday and want some ideas. I'm having 2 friends over and we're all 13.

Stephanie from Brockton, MA

Answers:

Sleepover Ideas

Movies. Pizza. Chocolate. Cheesy games. Concerts on TV. Popcorn. Scary stories. Ouija board.
(03/04/2008)

By LuvMyGingerKids

Sleepover Ideas

I had a sleepover once were we watched one of our favorite movies (adventure or comedy works best) and we did all the adventures in the movie. The best movies are "Sleepover" or "Picture This". (08/14/2008)

By Abby

Sleepover Ideas

My friend and I watched a movie and then made alternative endings for it. We video taped them. I also love making random movies and then watching them. It's really fun.

You can also put them on You Tube. (12/29/2008)

By Kaitlyn

sleepover ideas

I am having trouble too, but you can eat pizza and soda, maybe junk food. After you can do manicures, pedicures, and facials. You don't have to, but I bet one or two of your friends have nail polishes and nail polish remover. Plus you can make natural facials just look up on any search engine and type in facials or natural facials. And ask your mom or friends for make up and make up remover.

Plus you guys can play truth or dare, watch movies (comedy recommended), play hide and seek, it may seem like a childish game, but when I played it with my friends it was fun. Also play music or sometimes just talk, but not gossip cause some people will say something out of order and people will rash. When I mean rash I mean fights and other stuff. Hope you have fun. (01/20/2009)

By Chantez

Thanks

- Zeley NYC

Answers:

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

A spa party would be fun, depending on your age. You could do manicures, pedicures, facials, hair moisturizing treatments, and more! Do some internet research to find recipes for homemade treatment stuff.

For example: You and your friends could make a scented paraffin dip for your hands and feet as part of your manicure/pedicure session and oatmeal/honey scrub and avocado moisturizing masks for your facial session. You could also make the Kool-Aid lip gloss that was posted on this site a while back. Making your own stuff would be fun (and thrifty) and using it would even be more fun! Good Luck! (01/24/2005)

By Reba Gayle Shurden

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

Do a craft you're interested in. Do you like to scrapbook? Take photos using a digital, Izone or Polaroid camera. Scrapbook a page, mini-albums or make cards. Do you like to garden? Paint clay pots and plant flower seeds or herbs. Do you love beads? Make bracelets. Do you like to paint fabric? Have each girl paint a design on a white pillowcase. Perfect for a sleepover and they get to take it home. (01/25/2005)

By Cheryl from MO

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

You don't say how old you are? What sorts of things do you and your friends like? You could do a jewelry party where you make jewelry from beads and findings, then model it. Or a teddy bear tea party and make dress up clothes for your teddy bears before tea. (01/25/2005)

By Linda

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

How about making a lighted potpourri bowl? They are very easy to make and each person could take them home. The bowls were 2$1.00 at Michaels or .77 at Wal-Mart. I bought the potpourri at the 99 cent store as well as the doilies for the Some of them were 2$1.00 and 3/$1.00. The size I used was 8 inches.

The 12-20 mini light strings were at the Dollar Store. I make them for get wells, friends, and just because you need a smile. The lights make the potpourri warm and releases the fragrance. Here's a picture of mine. Caution! Do not leave unattended! Happy Birthday Sleepover (01/27/2005)

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

I don't think you should think about a theme, just have fun and talk about boys, give each other manicures and pedicures, play truth or dare, and call your secrets crushes! This advice coming from a girl the same age as you. (02/26/2005)

By R.s

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

You could make beaded jewelry and hand them out as goodies or give them out with the invites instead.
Pop out some of your favorite tunes and get some snacks! Play "American Idol", truth or dare, and all those fun sleepover games. You can do those parlor bead thingies! They are pretty fun if you have patience and they are entertaining. Do facials/mani-pedis for all those girlie girls! For invites, you could buy some cheap card stock in your friends' favorite colors and wrap them around a cheap lip gloss or something with a matching ribbon! (03/28/2005)

By Shaina

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

You probably already had your party but you could all get some cheap solid color pillow cases, fabric paint. and fabric markers and decorate your pillow cases and write messages on them and stuff. You could also go to the dollar store and buy photo frames for everyone and decorate them with shells and glitter and beads and stuff. (05/02/2005)

By Jaci

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

I love sleepovers and crafts and I am planing to make a royal party with all my princessy sassy friends. I will have a royal dinner and a royal movie it will be royally great. I'm giving out autograph books for favors with a royal rhinestone touch. (08/22/2005)

By Gaby from Mexico who loves yo all

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

Maybe you could have a mani-pedi party sleepover! You could do nails and hair and just be like totally girly girls! (12/26/2005)

By jhottie

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

One time we played fear factor and we had "stunts" such as putting ur hands in a huge bucket of ice for as long as you could, bobbing for apples in vinegar, and ffc (five funky cups- one person is blindfolded and has to eat five disgusting "homemade" concoctions made by the other players. (01/07/2006)

movie premiere sleepover

If you are a prissy girl you can do a sleepover for a movie premiere. You have food like popcorn (of course), nachos, french fries, pizza, soda like Sprite, ice cream bars, and chips like classical Lays, Cheetos, and Fritos. You can have an red carpet and some banners with your guests' names on them put them on some doors in your house and on chairs, but put your name on the party door and your fanciest chair. (01/09/2006)

By Jassy

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

I'm soon having spring break sleepover with my 3 best friends. We love fashion, designing, dressing up, and so on. We're 14 and totally bored of the same old spa and Hawaiian themes. So I thought of an idea. Model sleepover! I love looking in magazines and seeing the models with crazy fun hair, outfits and makeup! So I thought I'd buy some fun colored new makeup, and hair products and we'd dress each other up in a million of our favorite clothes and dress up outfits. Then use my digital camera to capture fun poses, group as well as single! (03/06/2006)

By Ainslee H.

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

Have a dance off but give people only 5 minutes to come up with a dance. It's really fun! (03/12/2006)

By Stacy

fashion party

A make-up party would be good. Get every one to bring make-up and cool clothes, and every one can help put make-up. Then every gets there cloths and you can have a fashion parade. (04/07/2006)

By kate

Sleepover Ideas

Do you like chocolate?
You could have a chocolate party!
Chocolate tasting, making chocolate
and decorating, etc.

Or pamper night like a spa with manicures, pedicures, doing hair, etc. (06/03/2006)

By Laura

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

Well, my birthday is coming up and I'm having 6 girlfriends over, and we're gonna sleep in a tent, and watch movies and play games, and my dad's doing a BBQ, but can you give me some more ideas? Thanks! =P

(08/21/2006)

By cad

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

I have one idea, you could make homemade bath salts. Here's the recipe:

Bath Salts:

Needed:
* Epsom salts (no exceptions!)
* food coloring
* decorative containers

Instructions:
First put some Epsom salts in a bowl. Then add a little bit of food coloring to it. Get a spoon (not wooden) and stir it til everything is mixed. Then put them in your decorated containers. Or before you make the salts, decorate a baby food jar or some other type of jar to put your bath salts in.

Hope I helped and I hope you have a lot of fun with the bath salts.

P.S. Only use a little bit of bath salts at a time. They dry out your skin if you use so much! (01/02/2007)

By anonymous

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

Why not do a movie theme sleepover? You could print invites on paper that look like film strips, serve popcorn and hot dogs, and drinks in polystyrene cups, etc. Then you can watch some DVDs all night long. You could pin up some posters of all of your favourite movie stars. You could give you and your mates brand new movie star names and then practice writing autographs. You could even tape some red paper together which would make a red carpet. Then you can strut your stuff down it while you pretend to be actresses going to a movie premiere.

If you don't like the idea of a movie styled sleepover you could try doing the whole mad food night thing. Have a go an covering delicious fruits in chocolate, decorate plain digestive biscuits with icing and marshmallows to make mini sombrero cookies. Why not try baking some cakes or using chocolate rolls and icing and a mini flake to make edible roman candles. You can have all your favourite munchies to eat and make ice cream sundaes for desert. If you're stuck for a game, fill a large bowl with cold water and tip in lots of mint polos.

Ask someone general knowledge questions. If they get it right they get a polo from the pack and if not they must put their head in the water to get a polo. You can use this with teddy bears and sugar too. For invites you can write the details out onto a large ice cream shaped piece of paper. Hope you like my ideas - they all worked well for me - enjoy your sleepover! Love angelica xxxx (01/28/2007)

By Angelica

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

Try this game called 'spoons'. It's loads of fun. Here's how to play: you need:

1 deck of cards
spoons- the number of people playing minus 1...(eg if there's 5 people only get 4 spoons)
icky but good stuff- melted chocolate, baby food, etc.

How to play

how ever many people are playing, get that many sets of numbers out of the deck (eg if 5 people are playing get
5 sets - eg. kings, queens, aces, twos, and 5s)
spread the spoons out in the middle
shuffle the cards
give each player 4

when a player gets 4 of the same number- the person has to pick up a spoon. To pass the cards around- simply pass and pickup- lay down a card to the person on your right and pick up the card the person has put on your left.
Once one person has picked up a spoon, everyone 1 else can pick 1 up too. Even if they don't have a set of 4. The person without a spoon gets an 'S' then a 'P' if they loose again. It keeps going until someone ends up with 'spoons' then the rest of the group has to make them something to eat. There's no refusing unless it's absolutely poisonous...have fun! (02/23/2007)

By Nessie

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

You could do like a foreign country-themed party. Like, if you did Italy, you could serve spaghetti, and watch a movie themed in France. Oh, and always have at least five different movies to watch. Then have the guests vote which one would go first, second, third, etc. Hope this helps! (03/05/2007)

By Diana

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

Have a school sleepover. (03/21/2007)

By Tia

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

I know exactly how you feel but I did a Hollywood theme and it totally rocked! We made virgin margaritas, autographed pics of each other, did karaoke, and we stayed up til 2 in the morning doing makeovers and watching movies! (06/10/2007)

By Shelby, 14

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

My two cousins and I are having a scientifically theme party. First we are making stress balls which is when you take a balloon that is not blown up and in one you fill it up with kitchen flour fill it up and just leave a little room to tie it at the end then take another balloon and to the same thing only using salt. Another thing we're going to do is take a cup and put lots of sweets and chocolate stuff in it and eat it at the end! I'll let you come up with other cool things. (08/03/2007)

By Jojo

Sleepover themes and ideas

Themes
chocolate theme
teddy theme
sleepover theme
movie night theme
pj party
all mixed together is called chocolate dreams night

Ideas
sparklers
lava lamps
magazine making
sleeping bag race
design or decorate a t-shirt or pillowcase
scavenger hunts (I don't particularly like them)
makeover
ghost stories with ice cream
pillow fight
trampoline
juice bar
brownie making
roasted marshmallows
youtube.com if your video is broken
bubbles
board games
s'mores
glitter
hair dye
nail polish
diaries
homemade ice cream
dressing gowns
bring portable stereo
camera
perfume
candles
slipper fights

Ok now for the games.
(go on www.eventwise.co.uk for heaps and heaps!)

And as my friends said "it was the best b-day eva". (09/17/2007)

By Sammi M.

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

Hey girls/boys. I have the perfect themes:
Hotel survivor: Have you ever seen fear factor, survivor. Well it is pretty much the same thing, it they can't do it they are out/eliminated. If your friends can be soft then play easy games like, Down BY The Bank, red light green light, and other stuff. If there not soft, then do stuff that looks gross, or stuff that is tough. Make food in critter shapes, mix it up with nasty stuff like peanut butter mayo cookies, pickle flavored Popsicles, do stuff like Twister.

or Pick a decade: pick, either, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s.
Game show gala: come on down, and be the first young host. Host a game show of your choice.
Fortune globe: either you, or an older relative becomes a fortune teller. Play mine reading games, and give the magic 8 ball a work out.

Fashion dinner party. Set out a lovely decor, on the table, and yummy food, have everybody take a seat, but before they take a seat give them a couple of minutes to make a outfit. Have one person be the designer and 2 judges including you. Have everybody sit down and have them take turn on there fashion show. (11/24/2007)

By Brittany

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

My cousin and I did facial masks and they really work!

serves 1:

blemished skin mask
1 tomato, ripe, chopped
1 tsp lemon juice
1 T instant style oatmeal or old-fashioned rolled oats
Blend everything until just combined. Apply to skin, making sure the mixture is thick enough to stay on blemished areas: cheeks, forehead, or chin. If necessary, add a bit more oatmeal to thicken the mask. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then scrub it off with a clean washcloth dipped in warm water.
(12/29/2007)

By Janice

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

What about pirates? You could watch all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Make pirate hats and tell ghost stories about pirates. What do you think? (04/02/2008)

By Good Advice

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

How about a luau party? (05/29/2008)

By Andrea

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

Do a dance party. (06/24/2008)

By Kaitie

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

I think maybe a pop star party would be fun. You do karaoke, autograph pictures for the "fans" (each other) and you could make a red carpet in the living room and like walk across it and then watch a new movie that's on DVD and pretend it's a movie premiere.I think that would be very fun! (07/20/2008)

By Hannah

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

I have a theme. Clue, the game! Have everyone dress up as a character and solve a mystery life size! It would be so much fun! Use duct tape to make squares on the floor or go out side. You could make different rooms and dress up in old costumes!
funx10 (07/22/2008)

By Massie

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

I think you should have like a pajama fashion show! (08/14/2008)

By Nikki

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

You can paint each others nails, do hair, pillow fights, truth or dare, eat, dress up, listen to music, movies with popcorn, share deepest darkest secrets, makeup without mirror, fashion show, face mask, all of the classic sleepover stuff! (11/10/2008)

By Mallory and Kelsey

Sleepover Themes and Crafts

I'm having a sleepover and it's Hawaiian themed. It's winter so I want it to feel like summer. (12/22/2008)

By cassandra

My sis is going to a sleepover, and I wanted to have one with my best friend, just us. I want to be the best sleepover ever.

Holidays and Parties Parties PlanningAugust 8, 2016
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-29 10:12:10 in 3 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️