Cooking Ahead for Holiday Meals

How much in advance can I make pumpkin pies and green bean casserole and still have them taste good? And does anyone add soy sauce to green bean casserole?

A friend told me not to make the green bean casserole until the actual day. Thank you in advance. She said it would be too watery? Any input?

By Annie from Columbia, MO

I would make the green bean casserole the day before and refrigerate but the pumpkin pies I would make on the day of the dinner. The crusts tend to get kind of soggy otherwise. I have never added soy sauce to my green beans.

I've never used the soy sauce either, but if you make the green bean casserole ahead of time. I would omit the extra fried onions on top until I was ready to reheat in the oven. They tend to get soggy as well.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Advice Meal PlanningNovember 23, 2009
Cooking With Coconut Oil
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
A mother showing her son how to crack an egg.
Teaching Kids to Cook