Dirty Looking Elbows

I would like a remedy for getting my elbows free from looking dirty. They are very dark and often times very dry looking. It's very embarrassing. Does anyone know how to get my skin color back?

Thank you,
Penny from Ipava, IL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I've heard a half of a lemon or grapefruit (high acid) would do great. Cut in half sorta squeeze it to get the juices going and twist on your elbow. The acids in fruits are very good for our skin, just make sure there are no cuts. Once done, throw the peel in the garbage disposal (assuming you have one) and a shot of hot water while grinding them up helps clean and sanitize at the same time.

Hope that helps.

First go see your doctor, My mom had a condition that was just like that and the doctor gave her some creme and it helped alot. If your doctor says that it is not a medical condition try this: Fill a small bowl with hydrogen Perxoide and soak your elbows. This will bleach the skin. Rinse with cool water. In another small bowl mash one small avocado with some mayonaise. Apply to elbows and rub in. Then wrap your elbows with some gauze and let it stay on for about 30 minutes then rinse. Hope this helps.

My aunt is a quadrapalegic, and the nurse uses one of those pumice stones to scrape away the brown spots, use very gently, and then puts moisturising lotion on it every day. On the days when it's not too bad, she has even used a soft emery board. Hope this helps you out.

Thank you all for your help.

It's nice to know somebody knows more than I do. LOL

I'm trying remedys from you all

Thanks

Penny

Get in a habit of applying lotion on your elbows after you shower or bath you will see a huge difference in a couple of months have patience.

Yes, lemons do work, so does the baking soda! Do try!

Take lemon juice, corn meal, olive oil, mix together and rub on your elbows. The lemon juice whitens, corn meal scrubs and the olive oil softens.

Answer

mud mask on elbows
Caring for Elbows
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceJanuary 5, 2007
Hand cleaning leaves out of rain gutters 2
Cleaning Gutters and Downspouts
Dirty Rice
Dirty Rice Recipes
Construction Worker
Cleaning Dirty Construction Work Clothing
Muddy Boots
Dealing With Dirty Shoes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 6:10:22 AM on 10.0.2.182 in 864 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.