Scenery: Laurel Falls (Great Smoky Mountain National Park)

Laurel Falls in The Great Smoky Mountain National Park. We hiked beyond the Falls to Cove Mountain Trail Fire Tower. I captured the photo on the way back down.

By Lovingnature

This really is one of the most beautiful spots in our entire country. There are so many of these beautiful spots in North Carolina, and many are just remote enough so that they're not going to be "trampled" by too many visitors and no "big builders" to ruin them. Some places were intended to be left just as God made them in the first place, and I for one am very thankful for them. You can lose yourself and all your troubles for just a little while as you give yourself over to the beauty in such a place. Drink it in and feed your soul.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Pookarina

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

PookaRina,

We find our most inner peace in the mountains and we have stumbled upon many of barely touched trails. It is even more peaceful when you see only a couple of people on a trail. We love the Smokies. We have hiked on the North Carolina side as well. But, driving up the Dragon scares me and it tends to make me nauseous going around the 300 something curves. I am sure that we will be headed to the North Carolina side this summer to find some less traveled trails and just enjoy the beauty that God provides us all with but so many never stop to look at and embrace it. We usually hike between 10-15 miles for a day hike starting in the dark with headlamps and finishing right before the sunsets. The mountains are we can enjoy the peacefulness and serene atmosphere without phones ringing, traffic, daily stresses and etc to have to deal with. We try hike in the Smokies and/or surrounding National Parks at least every two weeks if not every weekend. It is good for the soul and great exercise!

Thank you for the nice post,

Lovingnature

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I share your love for the Great Smoky Mts., having lived in Knoxville, TN. for many years, and running to the Mts. to find a peaceful escape from grueling greenhouse work. The variety of trees, animals, sounds and smells, if one is willing to sit still for awhile and just enjoy, can't be matched! I am happy to see the younger generation, (I'm 71 and cant do much hiking now), enjoying these same things, is a joy to me. Loretta from Theodore, Alabama (now, anyway)

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

A beautiful photo and love that it captured a rainbow :-)

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Great Smokey Mountain National Park
Great Smokey Mountain National Park Photos and Information
Photos SceneryJune 1, 2010
Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park Photos and Information
Shenandoah National Park
Shenandoah National Park Photos and Information
Glacier National Park
Glacier National Park Photos and Information
Mesa Verde Nation Park
Camping at National Parks
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 11, 2017 at 10:36:19 PM on 10.0.2.118 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.