Listening to Audio Books While Working, Exercising and Cleaning

By C. Crowdis 3

I have a job that is kind of automatic so they let us use headphones to listen to music but instead I go to the library and get audiobooks. I'm telling you folks, it's the best thing since sliced bread. It makes my drudgery day go by faster and I look forward going to work the next day to find out what happens next. I also use them when I clean, exercise (which I don't do enough) and travel. I do not even have to go the library only to pick them up.

I just go online and choose at my leisure and click on the ones I want, then they call me and let me know they are ready. You can also re-check them out online. They have CD and tapes new and old. I don't have time to just sit and read anymore but being able to listen lets me read and frees my hands up at the same time. It is great entertainment that is free. They also have a lot of special programs for your children and grandchildren.

By MawMaw from Fort Worth, TX

Showing: Comments Sort

By Mary 12 195 Flag

I admit it ... I have a book addiction, print AND audio ... so I have a membership with Audible.com and I love it. I download books of all kinds, fiction, non-fiction, how to, inspirational, you name it, to my MP3 player and listen to them while I garden, do housework and while I walk the treadmill, or when I just need to settle down, kick back and do nothing but relax! It's amazing how the time seems to fly by when you're listening to a good book! I love, love, love Audible!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I also listen to books on tape, mostly when I walk my dogs. My big pooches demand 3 walks a day and it is so nice to have someone read to me while we walk. I get my tapes from the library for free!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I used to work for a radio station and for 8 1/2 years I HAD to listen to music for 8 hours a day!! I have heard just about all of the popular music I care to hear. When I quit the radio station, I started to drive the Amish to doctor's appointments, to the stores outside the settlement, etc. I spend a lot of time driving an empty car and waiting in parking lots. I discovered the books on disc, and I am IN LOVE!! Have you ever listened to the Alexander McCall- Smith Number One Ladies' Detective Agency books?? There is a whole series of them and they are WONDERFUL!! I have also listened to the Grisham books and many, many others. I just visit the local library. If there is one you want to hear that your library doesn't carry, ask the librarian, and be sure to ask if there is an UN abridged version!!! Very often there is an inter-library loan that you can get for free. I have also learned how to copy the books that I love to hear over and over again. WOW!! You hit a real soft spot for me!!!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I saw Margie Minard's feedback about audio books and also about driving the Amish. I would like to start driving the Amish but don't know how to get started or what to charge, etc. I wonder if she would agree to correspond with me on this.

Thanks.

Editor's Note: We have Margie's email address. If you send us an email at http://www.thriftyfun.com/contact.ldml we can write her and send her yours to see if she will correspond with your about it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Entertainment AdviceAugust 15, 2006
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Exercising Your Brain
Exercising Your Brain
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
SanDisk Sansa
Using a SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Player
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 11:39:47 AM on 10.0.1.210 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings