Tim Horton's Apple Fritter Recipe

How do they make Apple Fritters at Tim Horton's?

Phyllis

I've never had a Tim Hortons Apple Fritter (and the company recipe is probably kept secret) but this one is yummy :-)

Apple Fritters

Yields 8

1 cup flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking powder

2 teaspoons sugar

2 eggs, beaten

1/2 cup milk

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 teaspoon cinnamon

4 medium cooking apples - peeled, cored and cut into 8 slices

In a bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and mix. Dip apples into the batter and fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.

I have not made apple fritters, but have made peach ones with a very similar recipe. The recipe I used had only one egg, no vanilla, 1/4 tsp salt, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tablespoon oil, and no cinnamon. I am pretty sure that Tim Hortons uses cinnamon in them. However, the variation that would be important would be to pare, core, and cube the 2 apples. Dust with flour and stir into the batter. Drop by spoonsful into the hot oil (365 degrees). Fry till golden, drain, and I am pretty sure that Tim Horton's dusts these with granulated sugar. Try this variation, and see if you get something that you like.

Check on this web site copycat.com They have a lot of recipes that restaurants have.

One day when I had some white bread dough left I decided to try to make these. I put about a two loaf amount in my large mixer and added a can of apple pie filling mixed it up really well. Took spoons full and dropped it into hot fat and deep fried until golden brown. Glazed with the same glaze as for glazed doughnuts and it was pretty good. Just watch the amount of pie filling you don't want it sloppy!

Apple Fritter
Apple Fritter Recipes
Corn Fritter
Corn Fritter Recipes
Apple Cookie Recipes
Apple Cookie Recipes
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Corpse Bride Costume
🎄
🍂