Paint Color Ideas for Room with Black Floor

What wall color would go best with a black floor?

Wanda from Myrlte Beach, SC

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I think almost any color goes well with black. Are you into bright, dramatic colors or more sedate ones? I saw a bathroom and a study that used a deep coral color that I thought looked good. I like lots of color though, and other suggestions would be purple, red, pink or aqua (for the retro look), or chocolate.

I would think a light tan/cream/beige would look great. White is another option...then you could accent your room with one big pop of color in fabrics/accessories...like red.

Wow so many colors would look great. How about a nice shade of coral. Or if you are very bold a nice deep red and then you can add all kinds of color in fabrics on the windows. And my husband said go with white and then add pops of color all around that would would look great and with the white it will go with the furniture you already have. hope i helped a little. have a great day connie

I have a similar request - except my floor is a shiny ceramic deep mauve (pink!). Ugh!! It's in my entry, goes into the small family room, and even the kitchen! And several of the squares are chipped, so that makes it even uglier. I can't afford to pull it up and replace it, so I need ideas on how to "diffuse" the color on the floor with colors on the walls that will just pop! Thank you so much!

Pale sage green

Try red, although it may be too much for the room.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceDecember 9, 2008
dining room
Dining Room Paint Color Advice
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
Nicely decorated living room.
Living Room Wall Paint Color Advice
a woman looking at paint swatches.
Paint Color to Coordinate With Rust Colored Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 11:33:22 AM on 10.0.1.21 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.