Mother's Day Picnic Menu Ideas

I'm planning a Mother's Day picnic for my DM. She recently lost her husband so I'm trying to plan a low key event with just a small amount of family members. Does any one have ideas of a simple, but special menu?

By Missy Sorg

Hi Missy, So sorry for your mothers loss and glad to see you and a handful of family members are going to treat her to a nice picnic! :-)

My choices would be assorted tortilla roll up sandwiches (which you can make the night before and wrap individually in plastic wrap) or panini sandwiches that can be made the morning of the picnic and wrapped in butcher or parchment paper, an assortment of cheese and crackers, an assortment of fruits like grapes, strawberries, appples, figs and dates, if your mom likes wine select her favorite (don't forget the corkscrew - wink) and an assortment of non-alcoholic beverages. And there's always the old fashioned picnic standby of fried chicken and potato salad.

Hope you all have a wonderful picnic day and especially your mom!

I would go with her favorite foods.

Recipes and Food Ideas for Mother's Day
Recipes and Food Ideas for Mother's Day
Holidays and Parties Mothers Day RecipesMay 4, 2011
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mom and Kids Celebrating Mother's Day
Celebrating Mother's Day
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Mother's Day Card
Mother's Day Craft Ideas