Free Newsprint for Wrapping Paper

Most newspaper publishers have tons of end-rolls (rolls of unused newspaper paper) that they'll gladly give you for FREE! Even a small roll could be enough to wrap an entire year's worth of Christmas AND birthday gifts.

Simply cut your desired size and use stamps, stickers or cut-outs to decorate your paper, then wrap your gift! This is a great activity for kids and adds a more personal touch to gift giving.

In this picture, I used stamps then colored them in with markers and colored pencils. The bow is from a gift I received earlier in the year. Re-using bows is another ideal way to cut costs during the holiday season.

NOTE: You can find your local newspaper publisher in the phone book yellow pages under Newspapers". Ask to speak with someone in the printing department about the availability of unwanted end-rolls.

By April from Albany, GA

Great idea - looks lovely and completely individual.

This is such a good idea but sadly the printing companies where I live have updated printing equipment which means there is little waste and no end rolls for me! Glad there is no waste but I would have loved to do this. I am going to use regular newspaper this year.

I used the plain paper that came with packages at work this year. I have 35 people to buy and wrap for each year, and I didn't buy any wrapping paper this holiday season.

Uses for Newsprint
Uses for Newsprint
Crafts PaperDecember 7, 2009
Square version of tree top.
Making Recycled Paper Mini Trees
Row of Wrapped Gifts
Saving Money on Wrapping Paper
paper, scissors, tape, and other gift wrap supplies
Gift Wrapping Station Ideas
Newspapers
Making Paper Bags From Newspaper
🎉
🎄