Uses for Advertising Credit Cards

Uses for "fake" credit cards that come with credit card offers. Post your own ideas.

Glue Spreader

The fake charge card cards that are sent attached to a credit application are great for use in spreading glue, particularly with wood projects. It also help scrape clean the excess glue squeezed out when putting two pieces of wood together. Not to mention they make a handy dandy emergency window scraper conveniently thrown in the glove compartment of your car.

By Suzanne B.

Scrape Cooking Pans

They're also perfect for scraping pans before washing them, especially if the pan has sat with hot water in it (or cold, depending on what's in the pan). They don't scratch, and they work really well! When my old AAA cards and such expire, I just put the cards in the drawer under my sink and use them when the one I'm using gets damaged; however, it's very hard to damage them, so I have quite a few backups.

By terdralynn

Make Magnets

I've been getting quite a few credit card application junk mail which come with a copy cat credit card which is not really a legitimate credit card. Some of them have magnetic backs, so I've been making magnet stickers out of them. They're fun to make and you can put whatever you want on them!

By Las Vegas Angel

Mr. Thrifty's Ideas

1. You could also give them to your young children who like to play store. Make sure they also have play money so they can learn to do figures.
  2. They could also be bookmarks.
  3. You could use them to clean combs.
  4. Maybe attached them somehow as a platform for your parakeets
  5. They can be used as a letter opener. I just tried it out.
  6. Can be used to wrap string, small amounts of fishing line, or put an amount of rubber bands and paper clips on then to take along in a suitcase or briefcase.
  7. How about a small Fake Credit card mobile around you desk to keep reminding you to stay out of debt?
  8. For you artists, consider fusing them together somehow to make a statement and maybe quite a few bucks?
  9. If you start a lot of your plants from seed, those cards can dig in the dirt for your seed starters
  10. Ad

11. You could use them to either cut or tuck wall paper in the corners.
  12. Pry up or push in thumb tacks
  13. Use them for a type of sound effect and if you are that good, a musical instrument. Run it over differant surfaces and hear the different sounds it makes. Stick it just a little inside of different types of closed drawers and flick it hear the differant sounds.

That is about all I can think off right now. You try!

Good Luck

By Mr. Thrifty

I find the Advertising Credit Cards make excellent fingernail cuticle pushers.

They are great glue spreaders for those of you who craft. I have been letting my kids play with them for a couple years. They have a play store complete with a credit card swiper thingy so they are perfect for that.

Our 3 year old likes to carry them around in her purse!! Also, we used them to scrape wall paper of the wall..it did less damage!

I use them to scrape the flour and dough off the kitchen counter after I knead my bread dough.

You should iron the name down so they cannot be used accidently. they are great ice removers for the windshild in a pinch.

I use them to scrape ice off the car windows and windshield. Works great!

I used them all winter to scrap the ice off the windows on my car they do a great job. I have used them for that purpose for years Friends give me theirs

Crafts WoodworkingApril 18, 2007
A stack of credit cards.
Cleaning Uses for Old Credit Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
A stack of credit cards.
Cleaning Uses for Old Credit Cards
Credit Report on Table
Raising Your Credit Score
🎉
🎄