Don't Waste Your Yarn

I just now read this article from www.crochetme.com about saving your yarn:

Don't waste your yarn - use it!

You think that you don't have enough - not enough of the same colour or the same yarn to make anything. Mix your odds and ends, and you'll realize that you have more than enough for a new project.

It might not seem very straightforward at first, when you pull out your bag/box of various odd balls and leftovers. But it will be a lot of fun, I promise.

Please take some time to think about this and please DON'T WASTE YOUR YARN! Thank you so much!

Mackenzie from Millington, TN

Editor's Note: If you would like to read the whole article, here it is.

Speaking of wasting yarn, my husband just yesterday came home with a surprise for me. He saw a pile of trash on someone's curb waiting to be picked up and included was three big cardboard boxes of skeins of yarn!! The woman who owned the home said she was moving and didnt have room for it. My husband knew I would want it so he brought it all home for me. At least half were unstarted skeins and some were wrapped in plastic. All clean and ready to be used. Some were even the expensive "homespun" yarn to make scarves and some were cotton yarn to make doilies or dishcloths. Talk about one person's trash being another's treasure!! I couldn't imagine throwing something like that away. She could have at least given it to Goodwill or something. Lucky for me I now have enough yarn to make several projects for Christmas gifts!

Wow! Good Luck!

Mackenzie, 11

I was recently given 2 enormous bags of mixed yarn from a kind lady through Freecycle. I roughly sorted it into plys and colours. I am making striped sweaters for everyone in the family. It is fun to do and is amazing the combinations you can come up with.

There is even a use for those little 1 or 2" snippets of yarn you have after weaving in ends! Save them in zip lock bags and use them to stuff a doll or ball that you have crocheted. You might want to bag them separately by fiber -- acrylic, wool, etc.

I love the look of combining different weights and plys of yarn into one piece -- I wouldn't have thought to try that!

But when you stuff with the yarn 'snippets' make sure that you close the seams VERY SECURELY. Because you don't want to walk into a SEA OF RED YARN and a chihuahua puppy with the cutest little 'did i do that?' look on his face!

Crafts CrochetAugust 19, 2007
knitting needles
Using Eyelash Yarn
large ball of yarn with smaller ones stacked against it
Yarn Animal Craft Ideas
Frozen cherries.
Freezing Cherries
Trellis Yarn Necklace
Making Trellis Yarn Jewelry
🎄