Removing Grubs in Lawn

I think I am in Zone 5-6, I think I have grubs in the lawn and want to treat them. It is August 3 and I am confused from all the articles I read can you please help me.

LaDonne May from Illinois

I know of two ways, but both take a couple years to really take effect- Milky spore and beneficial nematodes. You can buy both at a garden center. Both are safe for pets and children, and are completely natural. Milky spore is a disease that infects the grubs while they live in the ground and kills them. After it dies, the spore/disease multiplies and continues to spread throughout your lawn. Nematodes are microscopic parasites that attack and devour grubs as well. Both of these treatments are a bit expensive, but one application will keep your lawn healthy for years. They're easy to apply- spoonfuls of spore every 4 feet and water in the nematodes- And it doesn't matter if your neighbors are actively trying to prevent grubs- your lawn will be impenetrable. You can also use these in addition to more immediate forms of grub control, but I'm not really familiar with many others. I just try to be patient! Oh, and getting rid of grubs will also rid your lawn of moles, if they're a problem as well. Hope that helps!

Both suggestions from the previous post are very good. All you have to do is read and follow the directions on the product.

http://www.garden.org/

here is what they said: (same as Beth)

Grubs are larvae of beetles. When they have done their damage you can roll entire patches of lawn back like a carpet. One sign of grubs in a lawn is the presence of a lot of one-inch holes in the lawn where birds, skunks, or raccoons have been digging for a meal of grubs. Some grubs emerge from the soil as Japanese beetles, which attack gardens. Milky spore or beneficial nematodes are the remedy.

Hello, I don't know if you got rid of your Grub problem but you have to aerate your lawn and then go to Lowe's and get some grub control. Use a spreader while putting the grub control down all the grub control will then seep in to the holes made by the aerator and then water soon as you are done spreading, then all you have to do is give it time and it will work.

Photo of mounds from moles.
Getting Rid of Grubs
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlAugust 3, 2007
Patchy unhealthy lawn.
Homemade Lawn Fertilizer Recipes
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
Clump of sod with dirt in the background.
Getting Rid of Lawn
Marigolds
Grubs Eating Marigolds
🎉
🎄