Resizing a Cross Stitch Pattern

On occasion the perfect cross stitch pattern may need one adjustment, a resize for your current project. This is a guide about resizing a cross stitch pattern.

Filter Sort

Question: Resizing a Cross Stitch Pattern

How do I make a cross stitch pattern bigger so instead of doing it on 18 I can do it on 14?

Joyce

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Like others have said you can use any pattern on any count of fabric. To know how much fabric that you need the pattern will tell how many stitches wide and long it is, take lets say the width count of your pattern divide that number by the count of your fabric. This will give you the size of fabric needed for the pattern you then need to add 6" for easement and framing. Do the same for the length of the pattern.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Decreasing the Size of a Cross Stitch Pattern

I want to add a flip flop picture to another cross stitch project. I have the pattern, but it is too big to add to my existing work. Is there a way to decrease the size of the flip flop pattern? Both projects are on 14 inch cloth.

By Patty K.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Cross Stitch Pattern
Crafts Needlework Cross StitchFebruary 5, 2014
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Cross Stitch
Finding Cross Stitch Patterns
counted cross stitch
College Team Cross Stitch Patterns
Resizing a Hat
Resizing a Hat
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 12:50:21 AM on 10.0.1.196 in 767 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesQuestions
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings