Share Crafts

Resizing a Cross Stitch Pattern

Cross Stitch Pattern

On occasion the perfect cross stitch pattern may need one adjustment, a resize for your current project. This is a guide about resizing a cross stitch pattern.

Here are questions related to Resizing a Cross Stitch Pattern.

Question: Resizing a Cross Stitch Pattern

How do I make a cross stitch pattern bigger so instead of doing it on 18 I can do it on 14?

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

By Phylis (Guest Post) 01/31/2009

Like others have said you can use any pattern on any count of fabric. To know how much fabric that you need the pattern will tell how many stitches wide and long it is, take lets say the width count of your pattern divide that number by the count of your fabric. This will give you the size of fabric needed for the pattern you then need to add 6" for easement and framing. Do the same for the length of the pattern.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Question: Decreasing the Size of a Cross Stitch Pattern

I want to add a flip flop picture to another cross stitch project. I have the pattern, but it is too big to add to my existing work. Is there a way to decrease the size of the flip flop pattern? Both projects are on 14 inch cloth.

By Patty K.

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Solutions: Resizing a Cross Stitch Pattern

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!