Flarp Stains on Clothing

How do you remove noise putty from clothes?

By Holly from Syracuse, NY

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Holly, have lake-effect blizzards robbed your brain? You not using language familiar to the rest of us. So, ha ha.

Thank you, thank you! Vinegar worked like a charm. I didn't have white vinegar so I tried apple cider and that did the trick!

My grandson fell asleep on top of a bottle of Flarp, and his body heat made it expand, and it got all over my couch cushion,( I removed the cushion cover) quilt, and a fuzzy animal blanket, and his nite shit. I soaked all of the spots with white vinegar, for a few minutes, and then used an abrasive scrubber pad and it all rubbed off. Then I washed them all in a heavy duty load with cold water, and you can't even tell the explosion happened.

** TIP on putting the cushion cover back on your cushion; cover the cushion with a piece of cotton fabric, like an old sheet.(make sure it is just one layer of fabric) Then the cover will just slide right on.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

April 20, 2011 Flag

How do I remove Flarp from a towel/clothing?

Fivebal4s

Answers:

Flarp Stains on Clothing

You could try freezing the clothing item and then scraping it off. Finish by using stain remover (if needed) and wash in warm or hot soapy water in the washer. My daughter got something like this on a flowered t-shirt material skirt and it worked for me. Good luck! (09/05/2007)

Flarp Stains on Clothing

Wow, that can be a mess. My friend had Flarp (or something exactly like it, maybe generic brand) stuck to the back seat carpet in her vehicle. Then, it dried. It was like an "almost" hard, waxy, smashed into the floor, mess. It wasn't solid, but wasn't removable by hand either.

We used "Spot Shot", and it got it right up. I was totally amazed!

Good luck.

(09/06/2007)

By some1simple

Flarp Stains on Clothing

I make Flarp, Floam and Slime for my kids. I have found it easy to get the sticky goo out of everything by pouring white vinegar over it and letting it soak for awhile. The vinegar dissolves the goo and makes it easier to clean up. For small spots, I soak a cotton ball in vinegar and set it over the stain. Hope this helps! (10/27/2007)

By Carrie

Flarp Stains on Clothing

Vinegar works! It loosened and dissolved the Flarp to the point where I could just spray it away! Thanks so much for the brilliant comment. (12/17/2007)

By NickelX

Flarp Stains on Clothing

Try putting ice cubes in a bag and making it cold (not wet) and scraping it off. It worked for us when we got it on the couch. (12/22/2009)

By Elsee

Flarp Stains on Clothing

I cannot thank you enough for the information about using vinegar on Flarp (farting noise putty). My granddaughter put some of it into her clothes and I just couldn't get it out. Logged on, found this thing about vinegar and tried it. I was amazed at how fast it dissolved the Flarp. It was a miracle and saved her clothing. Thanks again. (05/21/2010)

By pmsproctor

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsApril 20, 2011
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Baby being fed with formula.
Removing Baby Formula Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 8:38:56 AM on 10.0.0.63 in 539 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.