Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Flarp Stains on Clothing

How do you remove noise putty from clothes?

By Holly from Syracuse, NY

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Devorah Botnick L.05/28/2013

Thank you, thank you! Vinegar worked like a charm. I didn't have white vinegar so I tried apple cider and that did the trick!

By Kathryn Visser [16]04/21/2011

That noise pollution sure can be sticky, but watch out for that light pollution, what a mess in your clothes, I usually just have to throw my clothing away for being just too polluted and unwearable then.

By Chuck [17]04/21/2011

Holly, have lake-effect blizzards robbed your brain? You not using language familiar to the rest of us. So, ha ha.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Flarp Stains on Clothing

How do I remove Flarp from a towel/clothing?

Fivebal4s

RE: Flarp Stains on Clothing

You could try freezing the clothing item and then scraping it off. Finish by using stain remover (if needed) and wash in warm or hot soapy water in the washer. My daughter got something like this on a flowered t-shirt material skirt and it worked for me. Good luck! (09/05/2007)

RE: Flarp Stains on Clothing

Wow, that can be a mess. My friend had Flarp (or something exactly like it, maybe generic brand) stuck to the back seat carpet in her vehicle. Then, it dried. It was like an "almost" hard, waxy, smashed into the floor, mess. It wasn't solid, but wasn't removable by hand either. We used "Spot Shot", and it got it right up. I was totally amazed! Good luck. (09/06/2007)

By some1simple

RE: Flarp Stains on Clothing

I make Flarp, Floam and Slime for my kids. I have found it easy to get the sticky goo out of everything by pouring white vinegar over it and letting it soak for awhile. The vinegar dissolves the goo and makes it easier to clean up. For small spots, I soak a cotton ball in vinegar and set it over the stain. Hope this helps! (10/27/2007)

By Carrie

RE: Flarp Stains on Clothing

Vinegar works! It loosened and dissolved the Flarp to the point where I could just spray it away! Thanks so much for the brilliant comment. (12/17/2007)

By NickelX

RE: Flarp Stains on Clothing

Try putting ice cubes in a bag and making it cold (not wet) and scraping it off. It worked for us when we got it on the couch. (12/22/2009)

By Elsee

RE: Flarp Stains on Clothing

I cannot thank you enough for the information about using vinegar on Flarp (farting noise putty). My granddaughter put some of it into her clothes and I just couldn't get it out. Logged on, found this thing about vinegar and tried it. I was amazed at how fast it dissolved the Flarp. It was a miracle and saved her clothing. Thanks again. (05/21/2010)

By pmsproctor