Store Roller in Tray With Water for Painting Tomorrow

If you paint with a paint roller one day and plan to continue painting the next day, you can avoid washing the roller by placing it in the paint tray and filling the tray with water to cover the roller.

The next day be sure to thoroughly squeeze and drain all the water out of the roller before using. You cannot leave the roller in the water longer than a day or it will fall apart, and you cannot leave the roller overnight in water again until it has completely dried out.

By Amuck from Fairview Heights, IL

I haven't tried this, but I've heard about putting the uncleaned paintbrush into a plastic bag and putting it in the freezer. Might work for a roller, too. I imagine they need to thaw an hour or so before using.

I line the roller tray with foil before pouring in paint. When done painting for the day I dump what paint I can from the tray back to the can, then roll the roller up tightly in the foil. I also wrap the paintbrush in foil. It doesn't need to go in the freezer. I used to paint professionally and this is the easiest and most efficient way to save on clean-up time!

I put the roller still attached to the handle in a grocery sack and wind the top around the handle. It stays great like this for a day or two. Also, I put a paint brush in a plastic baggie and it's perfect to paint with even after several days.

If I am using the same color the next day, I wrap the rollor in a plastic bag to keep it wet. Works great.

I always put my paint brushes and rollers in a plastic bag and put them in the freezer til the next day. Works great.

I don't think soaking the roller in water is a good idea.

I've yet to see the roller tray that's deep enough to completely cover the roller. I'd go with the plastic bag instead.

Crafts PaintingMay 11, 2009
Lint Roller
Uses for a A Lint Roller
Paint Roller Snowmen
Paint Roller Snowmen
exercise roller machine
Finding a Vintage Roller Exercise Machine
Paint Roller Putting Teal Paint on Wall
Cleaning Paint Rollers
🎄
🍂