Transferring Cross Stitch Patterns to Aida Cloth

By amy 12 11

I like to do larger cross stitch patterns, but find myself getting frustrated by losing count on these. Has anyone tried to transfer counted cross stitch patterns to aida cloth? If so does it help?

Amy from Evansdale

Showing: Answers Sort

By Christine Biernat 8 91 Flag

I know how you feel! Sometimes the symbols all just start to blur together! My solution is to use a yellow highlighter on my actual pattern and I highlight each square/row as I stitch. The highlighter allows me to see the backstitches that need to be done later and if I screw up and have to take out stitches (ugh) then I can still see the chart. If you are using a chart that you can't write on, just photo copy it. Hope this will help!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

i only use aida cloth and i use the high liter too. Aida makes it easier to count because it already has little squares.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Was wondering if it was possible to size pattern to aida size and run it threw copy machine? might work?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

hi amy,

it would be difficult to directly transfer a cross-stitch pattern onto the aida; it would be nervewracking trying to get the design to fall right on the squares. something helpful though in keeping your place on the paper pattern is to divide the graph up into 10 x 10 squares (or whatever size you feel comfortable working with. you could use a narrow-tipped highlighter to mark on the pattern). complete each small square and move on to the next. it helps break down the pattern into manageable parts. hope this helps

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I cheat & do it the easy way, and for me it works great. I take an ink pen & using it for only 1 color, I mark little X's in each square on the cloth where that particular color will go. When I have stitched all the marked boxes, I do the same again & move on to the next color. As I said, it works great for me and I wouldn't do it any other way.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Crafts SewingOctober 28, 2007
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Cross Stitch
Finding Cross Stitch Patterns
counted cross stitch
College Team Cross Stitch Patterns
Cross Stitch
College and University Cross Stitch Patterns
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:28:26 PM on 10.0.0.50 in 955 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings