Remedy for an Overwatered Pepper Plant

One of my bell pepper plants got too much water from all the rain and now it's wilted. Will it come back or what can I do? They are in five gallon buckets and yes they have holes in them.

By Patrick from Pensacola, FL

Sounds like it might be blight, which is a fungal infection that can spread quickly when the weather is wet. Remove the affected leaves from the garden and treat with a fungicide. That might not save them, but it is worth a try.

Container plants get starved for nutrition as well. They cannot reach out to area soil to get what they need. I did container tomatoes and found I had to add iron each week.

Home and Garden Gardening GrowingJuly 13, 2010
Brazilian Pepper Tree
Getting Rid of a Brazilian Pepper Tree
Spicy Soup With Peppers
Fixing Soup With Too Much Pepper
Pepper Plant
Growing Pepper Plants
Closeup of green bell pepper on vine
Growing Bell Peppers