CleansingSkin Care

Finding Listerex Face Cleanser

Does anyone remember a face cleanser named Listerex? It was popular about fifteen years ago and then just disappeared. I'd love to know if it is still being made and if so where I can purchase it? Thank you.

Mary

By collinsmom from NJ

I believe this prduct had hexachlophene in it which the FDA pulled for safety concerns back then.

Geez, I like something and just like that its gone! Thank you for answering. Mary

Yes, but Phisoderm was like that too, and they came up with a replacement. They also renamed it, but the bottle says right on it "formerly Phisoderm" or something like that. So if you keep digging you might find its replacement, if it has one. If you can figure how who manufactured it, you can call an 800 number from one of their other products.

I think that was put out by the Listerine company. I too am looking for a replacement for it.

I would LOVE to find Listerex again. I kept an empty bottle for many years, hoping to find it. I believe it was a Procter and Gamble product. It's the best product I've ever used on my oily, large-pore face.

Anonymous

I think I found it ... or something just like it!! Check out Garnier SkinActive Clean+ Invigorating Face Scrub. They have several types, but the green one is so much like the green Listerex Scrub! My face feels like it did 20 years ago!!

years ago i called the company that made it to ask if they had a surplus stored anywhere and they said no. The closest thing I have found is clean n clear in the blue tube..not the one that says blackhead remover. I tried to mimic Listerex by following CNC up using gold Listerene as an astringent but it was harsh.

Yes, Listerex was awesome! It says something about a product that 20 years after it left the market, people still remember it and praise it. For me, it was the only thing that cleared my skin. I could see a difference the moment I rinsed it off of my face.

I remember using Listerex. And it was the best thing for my face. I never had acne. My aunt used it and I tried it for the first time when I was babysitting. I always wondered why they stopped selling it. I looked for it for my son several years ago.