Canning Okinawa Spinach

I would like to know how to can Okinawa spinach. This is a veggie plant that's very good for keeping blood cholesterol low. I live in an area with sub zero weather, so I want to preserve some of the plant for winter eating. They don't freeze very well.

By Chau from Burnsville, MN

Answers

I am not familiar with this vegetable, but I wonder if it would freeze it it were completely cooked. I find that some things freeze better this way than in the original state. If no one comes to your rescue with an idea contact your state extension office. They will surely have canning instructions for you. Good luck in your endeavor.

Spinach
Canning Spinach
Food and Recipes CanningJuly 29, 2011
Jar of canned papaya balls in syrup.
Canning Papayas
Freshly Canned Pears Near Pears in a Bowl
Canning Pears
Freezing Spinach
Freezing Spinach
Pile of fresh cherries in front of a jar of cherry jam.
Canning Cherries
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 5:27:07 PM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.