Tomato Relish Using Wild's Ezy-Sauce

Wild's Ezy-Sauce is a popular ingredient to use when making tomato relish. This page has information about how to make tomato relish using Wild's Ezy-Sauce.

I have lost my Ezy-sauce recipe book that I have had for years. I need the recipe for the tomato relish. It is not on the bottle anymore, but the sauce one is.

Hoping you can help me. Thanks.

By Elaine Castanelli from Melbourne, Australia

Answers

Best Answer

Hi Elaine,
Ezy-sauce Tomato Relish Recipe.
Take word for word off of an old ezy-sauce bottle.

Put in a dish 8.5kg skinned ripe tomatoes {sliced} 3 kg onions {sliced} and 115 g salt. After 12 hours empty all into pan. When boiling add 4 level tablespoons of each mustard and curry powder {both mixed with water into thin paste} Now add 3 kg sugar and a bottle Ezy-sauce and boil about 2 1/2 hours. Ten minutes before end of boiling add 115 g flour made into a thin paste with water.
Happy saucing I have just finished making 3 batches of sauce and 2 batches of chutney
Regards Danielle

How do I fix my Ezy Sauce mixture? It is too sweet.

Answers

Baking soda or citrus will cut the sweetness

Perhaps a mixture of salt, lime and chili

Anonymous

Thank you Judy

Thank you Judy

Ive never heard of this relish but looked at the guide for the recipe. Since its a homemade relish, this is what Id do. Make another recipe of the sauce omitting the sugar. Add this sugar-less relish a little at a time to the one thats too sweet until it suits your taste.

Next time you make the relish, just cut back on the amount of sugar in the recipe. Write this suggestion on the recipe, in case you ever need to use it again.

I would like the recipe for tomato relish using Wild's Ezy-sauce.

Teena from Highclere, Tasmania

Answers:

Tomato Relish Wild's Ezy-sauce

I can't find one, however there are lots of recipes for tomato relish out there. Perhaps you can experiment and recreate what you are looking for. (02/27/2008)

By LuvMyGingerKids

Tomato Relish Wild's Ezy-sauce

• 8 kg ripe tomatoes
  • 3 kg onions
  • 2 tablespoons Salt
  • 4 tablespoons Dry Mustard
  • 4 tablespoons Curry Powder

• 3 Kg Sugar
  • 1 Bottle Ezy Sauce
  • 1 Cup Flour
  • 1 Cup Water

Peel tomatoes and onions, slice and place in a large bowl. Mix in salt, cover, and stand for 12 hours. Empty tomatoes, onions and salt into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Mix mustard and curry powder together with about 1/2 cup water to make a thin paste. Stir into pan with sugar and Ezy Sauce. Boil for about 2 1/4 hours. Mix about 1/2 water into flour until smooth. Stir into pan contents and cook further 15 minutes. Fill, using a small jug or ladle into hot sterilized bottles or jars. Cover loosely, cool, then seal.

Makes approximately 7.5 liters. (04/16/2008)

By Stuart Johnson

Tomato Relish Wild's Ezy-sauce

Thanks so much for Tomato Relish Wild's Ezy-sauce recipe. It took a while to find. You are a champion for posting on this site. Many thanks. (07/11/2008)

By happymama

Tomato Relish Wild's Ezy-sauce

Great recipe. I use it all the time, but I cut back on the sugar and add golden syrup. That's great. (11/14/2008)

By ken

• In This Page
    Food and Recipes Canning Condiments & SaucesAugust 17, 2017
    🌻
    📓
    🎂