Keeping Bags from Tipping in your Vehicle

When shopping, take an 18 gallon plastic box with you in your vehicle. You can place your shopping bags in it and thus avoid the bags tipping over and things falling out.

By Jo Ann

A square laundry basket also works well for this.

TC in MO

I have a van and hang several bungie cords from the hand hold on the back of the front seat. Just put the cord through the handles of either paper or plastic bags and hook end over the hand hold.

I've been doing this for a while, too! It also eliminates a couple of trips back and forth juggling the bags from the car to the house--pick up the bin and you're done.

I do this as well but use a short-sided plastic bin, hard to find but easier to use than lifting bags over a tall edge. I also keep my big Coleman cooler in the car & take 2 1-liter bottles of ice, always in the freezer, when I shop to keep everything cold on my 10-mile drive back home from the store. I keep an old towel in the cooler to lay the bottles on so they don't rattle til there's food in with them!

Organized Items in a Car Trunk
Organizing Your Car's Trunk
Organizing ShoppingJanuary 4, 2005
A child eating ice cream in a car.
Preventing Spills in the Car
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft
Craft Uses for Sugar Bags
🎉
🎄