FloorsCleaning

Cleaning Dog Hair Off Wood Floors

Category Floors

My new rescue terrier is shedding; how do I clean wood floors? When the afternoon sun comes it, it is just awful. I have tried the vacuum and a Swiffer. What else is available?

By J H M

Have you tried an old fashioned cloth mop, it was called a dust mop in my day, I have three cats in a house with no carpet, I just sweep the floors daily with an anti-static broom, seems to pick it up no problem. If the dog is shedding that badly you might have to have him/her clipped at the groomers.

Just think if you had carpet you would never notice this. I have the same problem with my wood floor. I sweep or vac up the hair every day. I also use a wide anti static mircofiber flip mop which works very well. The cloth is machine washable and reuseable. There are several different brands on the market. Mine is O'Ceder.

It is just something that dogs do. Some shed more than others. There will always be some hair. I love my dogs so I don't find cleaning up the hair an inconvenience.

Make sure to brush your dog every day, this will help. Also, animals tend to shed more in the Spring. Hopefully it won't be so bad when Summer arrives.