Stacked Terra Cotta Pot Plant Stand

I am looking for instructions how to make an upright plant stand out of terra cotta pots. I have seen them at flea markets and craft shows in TX. I think they have a steel rod that goes through the hole in the bottom and the pots are kind of zig zagged. I don't know how else to explain it. I never examined one close enough to really see how it was held together. They were like 5 feet tall. Thank you!

Amanda from NC

I think these are called Topsy Turvey pots. Just Google it and you'll get a ton of directions on how to make them.

They are called tipsy pots. I agree they are cute, I had quite a spectacular one last year and am excited about planting it again this year. You can google tipsy pots for the instructions.

You can also go to Friendshipgarden.com to purchase a stand that is very sturdy. Also you can find alot of decorating ideas.

A PDF file is available at www.gardensandcrafts.com. They are called Tipsy Pots.

There is a metal stand available to make a stack for your porch or deck. Also, I saw a hanging pole in 2 sizes. Very affordable, I paid $10.00 for mine and got instructions.

http://www.tinn  /tipsy_pots.html