Stacked Terra Cotta Pot Plant Stand

I am looking for instructions how to make an upright plant stand out of terra cotta pots. I have seen them at flea markets and craft shows in TX. I think they have a steel rod that goes through the hole in the bottom and the pots are kind of zig zagged. I don't know how else to explain it. I never examined one close enough to really see how it was held together. They were like 5 feet tall. Thank you!

Amanda from NC

I think these are called Topsy Turvey pots. Just Google it and you'll get a ton of directions on how to make them.

They are called tipsy pots. I agree they are cute, I had quite a spectacular one last year and am excited about planting it again this year. You can google tipsy pots for the instructions.

You can also go to to purchase a stand that is very sturdy. Also you can find alot of decorating ideas.

A PDF file is available at They are called Tipsy Pots.

There is a metal stand available to make a stack for your porch or deck. Also, I saw a hanging pole in 2 sizes. Very affordable, I paid $10.00 for mine and got instructions.

Five terra cotta pots with flowers arranged vertically on rebar.
Tipsy Flower Pots
Home and Garden Gardening DecorationFebruary 18, 2009
Broken terra cotta planter used to retain garden plant.
Reusing Terra Cotta Planters
Terra Cotta Pots
Cleaning Terra Cotta Pots
terra cotta flower pot person
Crafts Using Terra Cotta Flower Pots
Plant Stand
Creative Plant Stand Ideas