How Do I Find Out if a Business Name Is Already Being Used? - Categories:

BusinessBusiness and Legal

How Do I Find Out if a Business Name Is Already Being Used?

How do I find out if the name Magic Touch Housecleaning is already taken?

By Debbie from Riverside, CA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

The easiest way is to try doing a search for it in several search engines. Google, Yahoo, Ask, yellowpages, dogpile, superpages and Bing is where I would start.

Go to your Dept. of state, Bureau of corps. Also try ragister your business on line. This should lead you to your state's website. Hope this helps.

If you are making Housecleaning one word, it's not likely that someone is using that as a business name. I think it should be two words.

The best way to find out if a business name is taken it to Incorporate your business; during this process they will check the name and make you aware if it is already taken.

The reality is if you are starting a cleaning business you need to do this anyway to protect your personal assets. If something were to happen while you are cleaning you are financially responsible. If you incorporate this will protect you personally. Your business can be sued but you can not be personally sued. I would recommend an LLC at the very least.

This website has some great information about incorporating: http://www.bizfilings.com/starting-business.aspx

Business and Legal BusinessFebruary 20, 2011
Living room with nice interior design.
Name Ideas for Interior Design Businesses
Home Decor Shop
Name Ideas for a Home Decor Shop
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
young woman standing in a small shop
Name for New Baking Business
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 4:53:56 AM on 10.0.0.143 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.