Fifth Birthday Tea Party

contest winner icon

For my daughter's fifth birthday I gave her a tea party. At the thrift store I bought old granny hats, and jewelry for about $10.00. I bought inexpensive compact powder cases with puffs, nail polish, lipstick, tiny stuffed bears, tiny straw hats to fit bears' heads at the dollar store. (One for each guest including the birthday girl) for about $30.00.

closeup of little girl dressed for a tea party

I bought sheer material with a pattern and some lace material at the fabric store for $6.00 and draped it across the entry to the dining room with thumbtacks. I set the table as fancy as I could. I hung the hats on the wall. If you have a trunk to put them in that would be ideal. I dressed the part. When the guest arrived they picked the hats, jewelry, gloves,and boas they wanted to wear.

The menu: tea, cream cheese with cucumber sandwiches cut like hearts and tied with a ribbon, and of course strawberries. I had an assortment of teas for the guests to choose from.

kids around the table

mom and daughter closeup of tea table arrangement

By Laurie from West Covina, CA

Ohh, that is really a cute idea, it looks like everyone had a delightful time dressing up and having a tea party! Thanks for sharing! Your little girl is a cute little angel! That's a very nice picture of you two together. :)

What a great idea! Thanks for all the pictures to explain everything.

How darling!

I think BIG girls should have a fancy "tea party" for a break from cabin fever! Thanks for the idea,the girls are adorable

Tea Party Birthday Ideas
Tea Party Birthday Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJanuary 25, 2006
Christmas Tea Party
Christmas Tea Party Tips
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers
Crochet top pin cushion, a craft found on Thriftyfun. Submitted by a member.
Making a Tea Cup Pincushion
Chai Tea Latte
Chai Tea Latte Recipes