Over The Hill Gift Ideas

I am looking for a fun, clean, inexpensive Over-the-Hill gift idea for a 40th birthday for a male friend.

Kristi from AZ

If this person does any sport...baseball, basketball, golf, you can go to a dollar store and buy the children's version. Attach a note saying with advancing age, he may decide he needs to use the lighter, easier to see, children's ball, bat, etc."

I've done this with avid baseball players and bought the "big" over sized plastic bat and wrote a short poem.

Check out stores in your area for items that say "Over The Hill" right on the items.

I have seen many gift baskets with items like Geritol, over the hill bathroom tissue , as well as other items that come pre printed with those words on them.

There are also balloons, party plates and napkins with this printed on it as well.

You can also add diapers or depends, fasle teeth , maybe a walker and just harmful items like above. Just have fun with it and use your imagination.

Good Luck!

Hope you post how this gift went over! Can't wait to hear all about it.

I, too, have a friend who just turned 40, and am thinking of fun ways to surprise HER! I did a surprise party for my hubby when he turned 40, and lots of folks brought 40 of 'something',and there were some great things! The one that was the most clever was the 40 quarters...but once you start thinking of 40 somethings, the list can be endless...

Kim

I gave someone a card once filled with coupons for products that the older generation usually uses. Just look through the coupons in the Sunday paper and you'll get lots of ideas for things you can buy right at the grocery market.

I haven't done this for a man, but when my friend turned 40, I made her an "Old Lady Starter Kit" that turned out really cute! I got an old-style purse from the thrift store, tied an old scarf around the handle, and then filled it with all the kinds of stuff that used to be in my grandma's purse... stuff like a plastic rain bonnet, those little kleenex, a pretty lace hanky, some old, lint-covered peppermints, a program from church, an old reader's digest that she liked "just 'cause the picture was pretty"... stuff like that. It was a lot of fun to do, really cheap, and the birthday gal loved it!

Oh, I hate gag gifts! If you want to moderate it - you could get something nice like male moisturizer or skin treatment, etc. Even cologne/powder, etc.

Holidays and Parties Gifts BirthdaySeptember 4, 2007
A man giving a gift to his wife.
Gift Ideas for Your Wife
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
35th Birthday Party
35th Birthday Party Ideas
🎉
🎄