Crock Pot Strap Pattern

A few of the newer crock pots come with a strap to hold the lid in place, but mine didn't. One day my crock pot turned over in the car, that's when I decided to crochet my own strap. It has turned over once with the strap on, but all that was lost from the baked beans was a small amount of liquid.

I put the strap on while cooking because it discourages people from "peeking" and it goes on the shelf for storage with the strap on so the lid won't accidentally fall when I take it in and out of the cabinet.

There is a buttonhole in the center of the strap. I 'button' that onto the lid's knob, then run each end of the strap through a handle, then back to the top where I button each end of the strap to the knob. It's a simple gadget, but one of the most useful things I have ever crocheted

Crock Pot Strap Pattern:

Not all crock pots are the same size, so have your crock pot handy.

• 4-ply worsted weight cotton or yarn
  • crochet hook that is not too big
    The larger the hook, the thinner the strap.

Directions:

(Row 1) Ch 13, dc in 4th ch from hook and in nx 9 sts. Ch 3, turn.

(Row 2) Dc in nx 9 sts, ch 3, turn.

(Row 3) Dc in nx 4 sts, ch 3, turn.

(Row 4) Dc in nx 4 sts, fasten off.

You just made half of the button hole. To make the other half, attach yarn with a sl st to the last stitch of row 2.

(Row 5) Ch 2, dc in nx 4 sts, ch 3, turn.

(Row 6) Dc in nx 4 sts, ch 3, turn.

(Row 7) Dc in nx 4 sts, dc in each of the 5 sts of the first half of the buttonhole, ch 3, turn.

(Row 8) Dc in nx 9 sts, ch 3, turn.

Keep repeating row 8 until the piece is several inches long, then try it on your crock pot by buttoning the buttonhole onto the lid's knob, then bring the strap through the handle and back towards the knob. When the strap almost reaches the knob, it is time to make the center buttonhole. You want the strap to be kind of tight, so stretch it some when you try it on the pot.

To make the center buttonhole, repeat rows 3 through 7, (ignoring the row 2 part, you'll know where to attach the yarn).

Repeat row 2 until you have the same number of complete rows of double crochet that are between the first 2 buttonholes.

Repeat rows 3 through 7 for the final buttonhole.

Repeat row 2 twice. Fasten off.

By Fortunately from IL

I guess I'm a little confused here, you supplied a pattern to crochet, but the strap in the picture looks like a piece of material. Do you also have instructions for the cloth strap? Thanks!

The strap in the picture is crocheted.

crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap
Crafts Crochet IdeasSeptember 28, 2009
stack of yo yo paper weights
Making Yo Yo Pattern Weights
Slower Cooker Beef Brisket
Slower Cooker Beef Brisket Recipes
Crockpot with a healthy stew cooking in it.
Diabetic Crock Pot Recipes
simmering crock pot
Cleaning a Crock Pot
🎉
🎄