Storing Jig Saw Puzzles

To better organize my daughter's puzzles I cut the picture from the top of the box and place it along with the puzzle pieces in a ziploc bag. Now the puzzles take up a lot less space and no more squished boxes and missing pieces.

By Melissa from Avon, IN

I've done this before----mainly since the boxes broke!! But, it makes it easier to store and we have taken them with us on our travels!!! Gives us something to do when camping or in our hotel room---much better family time than watching tv!!!

This is great for those toddler wooden puzzles. THe kids can see the pieces, and they learn to put things back in their place.

Yes, great tip! I've been doing exactly the same thing. I did it sort of out of necessity since the kids wrecked the boxes!

Another thing you can do with puzzles before you place them in the ziploc bag, label the back of each piece with a code. The code should also be placed on the back of the puzzle box that you placed inside the bag. The code can be a symbol, a letter, a number or a combination of these. The idea is that the code on the back of the puzzle pieces identifies which puzzle bag it goes into. I did this because my son had so many puzzles and this helped separate them if they got mixed together. Which by the way happened a lot.

Ronda

I love that idea - where does everyone come up with such great ideas?! (I guess I don't think of things like this cuz I don't have kids yet. hehe)

Jigsaw Puzzles
Storing Puzzles
Organizing MiscellaneousMay 2, 2006
Scroll Saw Craft Ideas
Scroll Saw Craft Ideas
person using a handsaw
Using a Hand Saw
Organizing Crossword Puzzles
Organizing Crossword Puzzles
A man using a circular saw.
Using a Circular Saw
🎄