Craft Project: Scenic Window

Make your own scenes outside your "window". If you don't have a window, just paint one! I love beach and lighthouse scenes. So, I made my window looking out at a lighthouse.

Approximate Time

• large oval wooden plaque
  • acrylic paints
  • clear satin spray sealer
  • paint brushes
  • picture hanger for back

Instructions:

1. Paint the plaque with a sealer such as Kilz.
  2. Draw your "window frame" around the outside of the plaque.
  3. Paint frame in white or brown to match your molding.
  4. Draw out and paint your scene.
  5. Draw a cross through the middle of the oval, making sure it is centered.
  6. Enlarge the cross to the same size "pieces" as the outside of your "window frame." Paint in white or brown.
  7. Use a gray or dark brown, depending on your molding color, make shadows on the inside of your frame. Also on the cross to make it look like the pieces are joined. This gives it depth and makes it look more real.
  8. Spray with the clear sealer.
  9. Affix picture hanger on back side.

By Artlady from Edmond, OK

Artlady,

You truly have got talent! I'm always looking for your posts! I love both your lighthouse windows. Truly beautiful!

Jennifer CA

Thank you, Jennifer, for your kind words. They are such an encouragement to me. I have a small homebased inspirational and Christian art business that I have been trying to grow for the past four years. Sometimes, I feel like giving up. But, I know God gave me my talents and abilities for a reason. Your words just reassure me that I'm doing what He has called me to do. I'm so grateful to ThriftyFun for giving me a place to share my ideas. I love helping others to be more creative, just as others have helped me.

Wow! Those are beautiful! I wonder if I could paint directly on my bathroom window?

What a lovely craft project - I really thought that you have bought a frame and placed it around the art - I was amazed to see that you have actually painted the frame onto the picture.

Thanks, thanks! I was looking for a way to use some beautiful pictures I have This is an excellent art/craft way to put pictures to use and make the piece look like it's well made. You did a very good job, and again, thanks!

If only I could paint such a beautiful scene I would love one!

Heart Shaped Wall Hanging Craft
Wall Hanging Craft Ideas
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsSeptember 15, 2008
beautiful colorful fall maple leaves
Photos of Fall Leaves
Missouri Travel
Missouri Frugal Travel Information and Photos
Finished wall hanging.
Making an Autumn Felt Wall or Door Hanging
Gluing into heart.
Making a Heart Shaped Wall Hanging
🎉
🎄