Freezing Plain Yogurt

Is it okay to freeze plain yogurt to use for future cooking recipes? I've been wanting to try grilling my chicken in plain yogurt, but I'm not ready to start grilling yet and I found a great sale on it. Thank you!

By Amy from Millbury, MA

Yes, you can freeze yogurt. I'd either leave it in the carton and then put the carton into a freezer bag or container or take it out of the carton and put it in a freezer bag or container (removing as much air as possible).

The yogurt is safe to freeze, but you lose the benefit as the live cultures are not any good any more.

Food and Recipes Freezing DairyMay 18, 2011
Mug of slighty lumpy Greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Recipes
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker
Making Yogurt Without Milk
Making Yogurt Without Milk
🎄
🍂