DVD Player Stopped Working - "Incorrect Region Code"

My Homita portable DVD player S2153 for a while until it suddenly
stopped functioning correctly because of am "incorrect region code.
I've tried looking on it's settings but found nothing wrong. Please

help!

mbroussard6

My portable DVD player stopped working with a message of incorrect disc. (It was not the same brand as yours). I looked up trouble shooting on the internet and was ready to send it to the company to get fixed for $50. My husband decided to take it apart just to see if he could find anything wrong. He said it was very dirty in the inside of it. He cleaned it with a can of compressed air (like for computers) and put it back together and it has been working great for about a year now. I guess I would make sure that the eye that reads the discs is clean and then try to take it apart and make sure the inside is clean.

DVD players are all assigned a region code when they are shipped from the manufacturer. Then the DVDs that you buy are also assigned a region code so that they will only play on compatible machines. They DVD makers say that they use this to protect copyrights, etc., but it really is a rip off most of the time. My first question is, has the player quit working completely? Or just with a certain DVD? If that is the case, then you have a DVD that may have a different region code. If it has stopped working completely, I would try to research the hack codes for your player to reassign the code.

Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Large) DVD PlayerNovember 20, 2006
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
DVD Player
DVD Player Tray Won't Open
CD Player for Audio System
Buying CD Player for Audio System
SanDisk Sansa
Using a SanDisk Sansa Clip+ Player
🎉
🎄