Packing the Kids for Grandma's House

When my 5 kids were younger and we were going to my mothers for a visit, I made a packing list. This was to make sure I took everything we would need. For each child I put how many clothes he/she would need, such as 4 pairs of underwear, 3 t-shirts, also toys, etc. I also did this for my clothes too. That way I did not forget anything as I checked off the list while I packed. This also worked in reverse, in packing to come home, I would check off the items on the list to make sure we didn't leave anything at grandma's.

By Linda from Bloomington, IL

I make a check list of EVERYTHING I need for a trip and keep it in my suit case. Then when I'm going on a trip , the list is there and it is a snap to pack and know I have all I need.

This is a good idea and one I've been using for years....even when it was just the two of us. Now it's the 4 of us since we adopted two children so I find the list even more important. I have my list filed on my computer and then I can go to it and print off ea time. I also can go in and delete some items or make additions, depending on what kind of trip we are taking. Obviously we take more stuff when we go by mini van!

After I have the list printed then I check things off as I pack them and also check the list over right before we leave home. Usually we never forget anything...occasionally we need something that wasn't on the list but most times we are where we can just go buy it!

Packing for a Trip
Packing for a Trip
Organizing TravelMay 31, 2006
A child eating a brown bag lunch.
Quick and Easy School Lunchbox Ideas
Small packed suitcase open against a white background
Packing Light When Traveling
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Frog Costume
Packing a Suitcase, Suitcase Ready for Travel
Packing a Suitcase
🎄