Reuse Medicine Measuring Cups

I make a lot of jewelry to sell. I was cleaning out my jewelry drawer and needed something to hold a few beads in. I had an old medicine cap, the one that you use to measure the correct dosage. The beads fit perfectly. I have grandchildren and they always have a lot of those caps laying around. They hold the beads for me when I am making a piece.

By Jetruth from Waterloo, IA

I have over 2000 medicine cups (thanks to my parents, who are now both in a nursing home, and like to save them) and need lots of ideas for crafts that will use them. Anyone with an idea, I would love to consider it.

Does anyone have a pattern or picture for the "kissing balls" that were made with med cups back in the 60's? I think I remember well enough to make one, but a pic would sure be helpful.

March 23, 2011 Flag

I love the caps you find on today's products. They are great for everything, as I have submitted.

However, I found one today with measurements marked on it! It's from a severe cold and cough bottle. I am not sure of the brand, but most of them have measurements on them.

It has 1 and 2 teaspoon marks on it. I was thinking about some things like pepsis medicines, oil for cooking, many other kitchen ideas. But, what about small beads, buttons or even upside down for a doll house lamp shade.

Just found it while cleaning and wanted to share it.

By Poor But Proud from Sweet Home, OR

Save Medicine Bottle Measuring Cups

Save Medicine Bottle Measuring Cups

Good tips, PBP, betcha we could think of more ways to reuse those little medicine cups, if we "put on our thinking caps." (12/16/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Save Medicine Bottle Measuring Cups

I challenge us all to do just that! (12/28/2010)

By Poor But Proud

Photos OtherMarch 23, 2011
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Reusing Keurig K-Cups
Stack of colorful measuring cups
Organizing Measuring Cups
Measuring Elastic
Measuring Elastic for Clothing
Tea Cup and Saucer on White Background
Crafts Using Tea Cups and Saucers