Pick Pests Off Your Garden for Insect Spray

If you have bugs in your garden, here's an easy, organic and free way to get rid of them. If you're squeamish about this, put on rubber gloves, garden gloves, or latex gloves and pluck the bugs off the plants, one species at a time, and put them in a cupful of water. You'll get used to it enough to do it bare-handed later, which is much easier. It may sound icky, but it works.

Then take the water and pour it into your blender and blend until you can't see the actual critters any more. Put the water into a spray bottle and spray it on the the same plants you took the bugs from. This prompts a "danger, Will Robinson" response from that type of bug and keeps them away.

Just do one kind of bug at a time, be they beetles, aphids or whatever else you encounter. No pesticides, no traps to empty, just a lovely, bug-free garden. And don't worry about the blender. Wash it as usual and it'll be just fine.

Source: I think I read this in "Organic Gardening" magazine years ago.

By pollylev

I think I would get a second blender at a yard sale for that! LOL

Ditto to the second blender, but what a clever tip!

This is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of. It's not that I think all cockroaches go to heaven or anything, but this is just gross and inhumane. We use the blender to make a smoothie or something? No thanks.

Homemade Insecticide
Homemade Insecticide Recipes
Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlApril 27, 2009
Aphids on a plant.
Homemade Aphid Spray Recipes
Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Making a Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Hair Spray Nozzle
Unclogging Hair Spray Nozzle
🎉
🎄